corner corner Tricky Business

Tricky Business
by Dave Barry | Literature & Fiction
Registered by allysther of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/30/2012

status (set by collectorkerri): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, November 04, 2016

This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, November 04, 2016

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. This book will be heading out soon in honor of an exceptional woman who would be happy to see her books keep traveling.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/7/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed for Arizona via media mail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, December 04, 2016

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, hyphen8, for this book that came as part of a lovely little boxful of books that were once a part of Purple58's collection, who I never personally met...may she Rest In Peace. I will be deciding which few I'd like to keep to read, and will eventually Wild Release, and share them all with others, in order to help make Purple58's wish that all her books find good homes when she is gone come true. ; )

Journal Entry 5 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (12/13/2016 UTC) at Danville, Virginia USA

Controlled Release for:

1. *US* Only - "READ IT, SWAP IT, LEAVE IT" Bookring Game

2. What's in a Name (DragonGoddess) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/535547
RICK, SI...T[rick]y Bu[si]ness

3. DAVE...D for December (hyphen8) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/536360

HAPPY READING! : )

Journal Entry 6 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2016

I chose this for "Swap It". It features a looming hurricane and has a subplot with an old folks' home, so I know I can relate.

Journal Entry 7 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 03, 2017

I finished reading this during a lengthy stay at my daughter's home in Georgia. The tropical storm (NOT hurricane) and the old codgers weren't my favorite features: the characters Fay and Wally, along with both their mothers, definitely were! Eddie and Luz were wonderfully depicted, too.

Thanks for the fun bookring game. I will put this in a local Little Free Library soon.

Journal Entry 8 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Monday, September 18, 2017

The area around our LFL was under construction, so I searched wishlists, found someone with a familiar name wishing, and mailed it to her today!

Journal Entry 9 by Megi53 at Danville, Virginia USA on Monday, September 18, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/18/2017 UTC) at Danville, Virginia USA

Mailed to another Bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 10 by wingcollectorkerriwing at Springfield, Illinois USA on Friday, September 22, 2017

Received yesterday. Thanks for the RABCK, Megi53!