corner corner Three at Wolfe's Door

Three at Wolfe's Door
by Rex Stout | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by allysther of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/30/2012

status (set by solittletime): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016

This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

This copy is a bit fragile (it has a 35¢ cover price!), but I'm hoping it can find another reader anyway.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. This book will be heading out soon in honor of an exceptional woman who would be happy to see her books keep traveling.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (11/1/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Tuesday, November 1, 2016: headed for new adventures in Maine...by slow boat (media mail).

Journal photo shows purple58 during one of our occasions of group silliness. :)

Released for Davros-10's 2016 TV Challenge.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by wingsolittletimewing at Portland, Maine USA on Friday, November 25, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing this book with me. The box o' books was received today, some will be read before being released, but all will eventually be shared in local LFLs or OBCZs.

Journal Entry 5 by wingsolittletimewing at Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, December 18, 2016

Reserved for the 2016 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Release Challenge, hosted by Secretariat, which week 51 features words starting with G, I, F, or T in the title.

Also reserved for the 2016 What's In A Name Challenge, hosted by DragonGoddess. Wolfe.

And for the 2016 D for December Challenge, hosted by hyphen8.

As well as the 2016 TV Series Book Release Challenge, hosted by Davros-10.

And the December's Ultimate Challenge, hosted by jumpingin, whose theme is Architecture.

Journal Entry 6 by wingsolittletimewing at Chowderhead's Seafood Restaurant OBCZ, Oak Hill Plaza in Scarborough, Maine USA on Friday, December 23, 2016

Released 11 mos ago (12/22/2016 UTC) at Chowderhead's Seafood Restaurant OBCZ, Oak Hill Plaza in Scarborough, Maine USA

Released on the windowsill at the Chowderhead's Seafood Restaurant OBCZ [Official BookCrossing Zone), Oak Hill Plaza, Scarborough, Maine USA, around 6 PM on December 22, 2016.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsolittletimewing at Portland, Maine USA on Thursday, June 15, 2017

Chowderheads, one of our local OBCZs (Official BookCrossing Zones) closed very unexpectedly and I was able to retrieve the BookCrossing books that were still there through contact with the landlord. This was one of them.

Journal Entry 8 by wingsolittletimewing at Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, September 24, 2017

Reserved for the Sept 24 SSM - Punctuation, hosted by Trojanhorse.

Journal Entry 9 by wingsolittletimewing at Denny's Restaurant, 1101 Congress St in Portland, Maine USA on Monday, September 25, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/24/2017 UTC) at Denny's Restaurant, 1101 Congress St in Portland, Maine USA

Released at Denny's Restaurant, 1101 Congress St, Portland, Maine USA, around 6 PM on September 24, 2017.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by solittletime or any other journaler.

If you make a Journal Entry or Release Note on the book after joining BookCrossing, you’ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry, so you can follow this book's travels. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

(You can make a journal entry anonymously if you don't want to join, but you will not be alerted to the book's further travels.) I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

Then, whenever you are ready to send it on its way, make a controlled release note if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a wild release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!