corner corner A Royal Threesome (Royal Spyness Mysteries Bks. 1-3)

A Royal Threesome (Royal Spyness Mysteries Bks. 1-3)
by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by weeder of Worthington, Ohio USA on 5/12/2015

status (set by elizardbreath): available

Journal Entry 1 by weeder from Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

This book is an omnibus containing the first three books in (Royal Spyness Mysteries) "Her Royal Spyness," "A Royal Pain," and "A Royal Flush." It's a large sized paperback of about 700 pages.

From the back cover:

"Her Royal Spyness" Georgie is forced to earn her keep as a housekeeper in London when the Queen summons her to spy on the playboy prince. But when a Frenchman winds up dead in Georgie's bathtub, it's her job to clear her very long family name.

"A Royal Pain," While entertaining a Bavarian princess at the Queen's behest Georgie finds herself investigating the rather more worrisome matter of the dead body in the bookshop, as well as her royal guest's unwitting involvement in the communist party.

"A Royal Flush," After being saved from scandal by her on-again-but-mostly-off-again beau, Darcy O'Mara, Georgie is shipped home, where Scotland Yard asks her to keep an eye on a shooting party and prevent someone from killing the Prince of Wales instead of quails.

The next book in the series is "Royal Blood" a single paperback.

The first three kept me reading and I plan to finish reading the series.

Journal Entry 2 by weeder at Worthington, Ohio USA on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Released 2 yrs ago (6/23/2015 UTC) at Worthington, Ohio USA

The first three books of Rhys Bowen's series (A Royal Spyness Mystery) have been published in this one volume. Today I'm sending it on it's way to tomato68 in Downey CA. When I read a series I always prefer to read the whole series in order and this book gives you a great start on the series. Currently, I'm enjoying #7 "Heirs and Graces" which is the present last in series, however, the next in the series "Queen of Hearts" is soon to be available. I so enjoy looking over Georgie's shoulder so I'm happy to hear there'll be at least one more.

Journal Entry 3 by tomato68 at Downey, California USA on Saturday, June 27, 2015

Received this great 3 in 1 collection in one book from weeder as a RABCK. Thank weeder! I have...Knit One Kill Two...if you'd like me to send it to you. Just let me know.

Journal Entry 4 by tomato68 at Downey, California USA on Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I had already read "Her Royal Spyness" and "A Royal Flush"....both were very good, so I just read "A Royal Pain" and now I am all caught up and can proceed to the next books. I reread the last few pages of "A Royal Flush" to just remind me of the plot before I start on the next book. I am really enjoying this series.

Journal Entry 5 by tomato68 at Downey, California USA on Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (1/16/2018 UTC) at Downey, California USA

Sent to elizardbreath as a RABCK. I hope you enjoy the series.

Released for the KTM Challenge.

Journal Entry 6 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, January 22, 2018

Thanks so much! I read a couple of her Christmas novels last month and enjoyed them. I'm sure I'll like these too!

Journal Entry 7 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, February 12, 2018

Her Royal Spyness
Feb. 4th: This is the second or third I've read in this series and I think it's becoming my first or second favorite cozy mystery series! (Competing with Jill Churchill's Grace and Favor series). It's actually making me want to give her Molly Murphys another try---I didn't enjoy the first one I read, but this doesn't even sound like the same author. Only a few parts bugged me---mostly raunchy comments from Darcy, which I believe were meant to cast doubt upon his character. All in all, I think I'll continue reading this series for now.

A Royal Pain
Feb. 8th: I didn't like this one quite as much as the others---mostly because Hannelore's "American English" got EXTREMELY irritating really fast. Also, I was not at all happy about the flippant "joke" about rape. In fact there were just a lot of sex references throughout this whole story---pretty tiring. The "mystery" took awhile to come about and the answers were obvious. All that said, I've read some further into the series that I liked a lot better so I'm hoping I enjoy the next one more than I did this one.

Royal Flush
Feb 11th: I liked this story fairly well and learned a lot about the history of the British royals that I wasn't aware of already. There weren't as many references to illicit sex as there were in the last one, so that was good! I loved the feature of Princess Elizabeth (now QEII) and I adore Georgie's grandpa. He reminds me of Donna Noble's gramps on Doctor Who. Great series---I'm excited to read book four!