corner corner The Last 10 Seconds

The Last 10 Seconds
by Simon Kernick | Other
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/28/2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 28, 2012

THE UNDERCOVER COP
Having worked undercover the last ten years, Sean Egan is used to life on the edge. He's recently infiltrated one of London's most dangerous criminal gangs, and they've just informed him that they want him for a very special job: the daring abduction from police custody of a serial killer known as The Night Creeper.

THE KILLER
Brutally violent yet highly intelligent, The Night Creeper has earned his reputation by torturing five young women to death. Arrested the previous night, he claims that he has a cast-iron alibi for one of the murders, and some highly important information that can prove his innocence - and implicates someone else.

THE POLICEWOMAN
DI Tina Boyd has an instinct for trouble, and a past that continues to haunt her.She was the policewoman who charged The Night Creeper. Now he's been kidnapped, and it's Tina's task to find him. And find him fast, because it's clear that some very dangerous people want to silence him permanently.

A man, a woman and a sadistic killer.
As they race towards a terrifying confrontation only one thing is certain: they're all going to have to fight very hard just to stay alive.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Find this author to be a bit hit & miss but previous books I've read featuring Tina Boyd have been the ones I've enjoyed & this was no exception. It has the usual fast moving & twisting plot that I've come to expect from Kernick & it's certainly entertaining. Am going to pass along to my Dad to see what he makes of it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (11/11/2012 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A new author for my Dad to try :o)

Released as part of the "THE" Challenge (#25)

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 22, 2014

Caught back in a book of bags from my Dads. This author had become a firm favourite of his & it will be re-released in his memory. I hope future readers get as much enjoyment from it as he did.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at HSBC Bank Plc in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (7/3/2014 UTC) at HSBC Bank Plc in Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

Added to the book sale at the Brighouse branch of HSBC.

This book has been given as a donation to a book sale to raise funds for the Forget-Me-Not Children's Hospice. HSBC staff in the area are raising funds for the Hospice & the bank will match the money raised £ for £. If you bought the book, thanks for helping us support this very worthwhile cause.

(& please let us know what you thought of the book!)

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 28, 2014

Excellent thriller, full of twists and turns.