corner corner THE COMPLETE MURPHY'S LAW ( Japanese Text )

THE COMPLETE MURPHY'S LAW ( Japanese Text )
by Arthur Bloch | Humor
Registered by aetm of Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by aetm from Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, April 24, 2012

This book about Murphy's Law is in Japanese, but it has also the complete Murphy's Law texts in English towards the end.
I don't know Japanese, but I know someone who does, and graphically the book was just very beautiful, so I couldn't resist... Beautiful book covers, beautiful book, and of course the Japanese text is so pretty.
I did read the English parts though. Who knew there were so many Murphy's laws... some of them ring so true in the real life - how technical stuff doesn't always work, how the line at cashier is always slowest moving where you're standing etc.

Journal Entry 2 by aetm at Corpus Christi, Texas USA on Friday, April 27, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/28/2012 UTC) at Corpus Christi, Texas USA

This book was just way too cute :) so first I enjoyed the parts I could understand (=those in English), then figured... well, it might enlighten some of the frustrating breaks at work at least! Graphically (layout, pictures, even the Japanese text) this book is just so irresistibly cute (like most Japanese books). So a hitch-hiking bonus that was not on your list... ;) ^_^

Safe journey little book - I hope you'll make many new friends on your travels!

"Don't ever apologize to an author for buying something in paperback, or taking it out from a library (that's what they're there for. Use your library). Don't apologize to this author for buying books second hand, or getting them from bookcrossing or borrowing a friend's copy. What's important to me is that people read the books and enjoy them, and that, at some point in there, the book was bought by someone. And that people who like things, tell other people. The most important thing is that people read... "
— Neil Gaiman

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free!)

Journal Entry 3 by imuzak12 at Corpus Christi, Texas USA on Saturday, May 05, 2012

Thank you, aetm, for mailing this book to me. To be honest, I had heard about this book and understood the meaning of this law, but I had never read this one. I'll enjoy reading this one.

オースティンから好意で送っていただいた日本語本の1冊です。マーフィーの法則がどういうものか分かっているのですが、実は本自体は読んだ事がありません。これを機会に読んでみようと思います。

(テキサス州コーパス・クリスティ市にてジャーナル記録。 Journaled@Corpus Christi, Texas, USA.)

Journal Entry 4 by imuzak12 at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (3/26/2013 UTC) at Virginia Beach, Virginia USA

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com... Mailing to Hawaii Book & Music Festival.
この本をハワイ・ミュージック&フェスティヴァルに郵送します。

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, March 31, 2013

This book traveled from Virginia so it could be shared at our book festival in May - thank you very much!

This appears to be a bilingual book, with the text in both Japanese and English. It would be nice to be bilingual. :)

(Larger photo here.)

Murphy's law probably explains why four boxes of books mailed at different times from different locations (3 states and another country) should all arrive at my house within a day of each other.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (5/18/2013 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released at our third annual pop-up Skygate OBCZ during the 2013 Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!