corner corner The Redemption of Alexander Seaton

The Redemption of Alexander Seaton
by Shona Maclean | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 4/22/2012

status (set by yorkshire-lass): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Is the young man simply drunk or does his staggering walk suggest something more sinister? When he collapses in front of the two sisters on that dark, wet night, the women guess rightly that he's been poisoned.

So begins this gripping tale set in the town of Banff, Scotland in the 1620s. The body of the victim, the apothecary's apprentice, is found in the house of Alexander Seaton - a fallen minister, the discovery of whose clandestine love affair has left him disgraced and deprived him of his vocation.

Why was the body moved to Seaton's house?
What is the significance of the unusual poison used to kill him?
And why would anyone want to murder this likeable young man?

Seaton sets out to find answers to these and many other questions, embarking on a journey where he encounters the witch hunt, extreme religious prejudice, cruelty and the darkness in men's souls.

It is also a personal quest that leads Alexander to the rediscovery of his faith in God and his belief in himself.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Started this a few weeks back but couldn't get into it, maybe someone else will enjoy it more....

Journal Entry 3 by wingPlum-crazywing at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (9/27/2013 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2013 in Leeds, West Yorkshire United Kingdom

To be released onto the buffet table at the BCUK Unconvention. If it's not picked up by a bookcrosser it will be released into the wild when we undertake our release walk......wherever you found it please let us know it's safe with you :o)

Released as part of the SEPTEMBER SAPPHIRE Challenge (#35)

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Picked up from the buffet table, how unsurprising that one of only two books I picked up was one of yours! As the book mountain is huge it may be a while before I get the chance to read it.
It was lovely to meet you at last, it's a pity we live so far apart the odd meet up would be fun :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Got to this at last!
I'm not sure what to make of this book, it should hve been just my sort of book, but it took me weeks to read it.