corner corner Steppin on a Rainbow

Steppin on a Rainbow
by Kinky Friedman | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by winglevanderwing of Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, April 22, 2012

status (set by booksieboo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winglevanderwing from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, April 22, 2012

From Publishers Weekly
The eponymous PI Kinky Friedman (aka the Kinkster) is up to his usual amusing antics in his 14th outing (after 2000's The Mile High Club). From beginning to end, the narrative sizzles with crackling dialogue and bawdy wit. New Yorker Kinky is trying to lead his quiet life as a lazy private detective while mooning over his friend Stephanie, with whom he would like to have more than a platonic relationship, when a problem comes over the blower (that's telephone to most of us) from the Kinkster's old friend, Willis Hoover, now a columnist for the Honolulu Advertiser. Their mutual eccentric friend (all Kinky's friends are eccentric), Mike McGovern, has disappeared from the beach in Hawaii, and Hoover needs the Kinkster's help finding the missing man. Kinky persuades Stephanie to join him for a trip to the 50th state, where they meet up with Hoover and pursue McGovern's trail. They soon get into very deep waters, particularly after beautiful local reporter Carline also disappears. The crew chase around several islands, with a surprising denouement that reaches back into Hawaiian history and legend. As usual, a winning style and lively characterization more than compensate for the serviceable plot. One word of warning: for those whose taste doesn't run to foul language, this book might not be their cup of tea. 10-city author tour. Agent, Esther Newberg. (Sept. 5)not the character) to write a regular column; he has received a fan letter from President Bush.

Journal Entry 2 by winglevanderwing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 01, 2012

reserviert für booksieboo

Journal Entry 3 by winglevanderwing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/15/2012 UTC) at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

wird an booksieboo übergeben

Viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vielen Dank, thank you!! Hope you also got home safely from the meetup in Mülheim. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Apart from the witty dialogue and the main whodunnit story, I'll remember two special aspects of this book.
Firstly, I loved the dialogue between Kinky and his cat.
Secondly, I'll remember the foul language that pervades this book, and this is probably the reason why the other Kinky Friedman books are currently not very high on my TBR list. I will, however, read them one of these days. :-))

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooksieboowing at Öffentlicher Bücherschrank am Rheinufer in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2013 UTC) at Öffentlicher Bücherschrank am Rheinufer in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Hi,
I'm a travelling book and I'm currently trying to find new friends. It would be great if you could leave a note here about where and how you found me, whether you plan to read me and then release me somewhere, or if you intend to keep me.
I hope whoever found this book enjoys reading it.
BookCrossing is anonymous, free, and fun!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lieber Finder!
Ich bin ein Buch auf Reisen und bin gerade dabei, neue Freunde zu finden. Über einen Eintrag über wo und wie Du mich gefunden hast, ob Du mich lesen willst und dann weiterreisen lässt, oder ob Du mich behältst, würde ich mich sehr freuen.
Viel Spaß beim Lesen!
Ja, und das Ganze ist anonym, kostenlos, und macht ganz viel Spaß. :-)

Deutschsprachige Informationen zu BookCrossing findest Du unter www.bookcrossers.de.