corner corner Blast from the Past

Blast from the Past
by Kinky Friedman | Literature & Fiction
Registered by levander of Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, April 22, 2012

status (set by booksieboo): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by levander from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, April 22, 2012

"Kinky's back, and Abbie Hoffman's got him. Or he's got Abbie. Or a mysterious man with dirty blonde hair and a faded camouflage jacket has them both in his gunsights. It's always hard to tell who the bad guys are, because the country-western singer turned author draws an almost invisible line between his real life and his fictional adventures. That, of course, is where the fun comes in. In Blast from the Past, the Kinkster serves up an appetizer for his myriad fans--a prequel to such novels as Roadkill and The Love Song of J. Edgar Hoover. The book explains how Kinky got into the detecting game and met up with the Greenwich Village irregulars who populate this popular series--Ratso, Rambam, McGovern, and the luscious Stephanie DuPont. The action takes place in the post-Watergate 1970s, when Abbie's hiding out in upstate New York, sex and drugs are de riguer, and nobody's ever heard of political correctness. The mystery is pretty simple--you can see the ending coming long before Kinky can--but that's never been the point of these bawdy, irreverent tales. To quote Friedman himself, "Being a private dick is pretty simple. Once you run out of cocaine, crazy ideas, and self-pitying bullshit, you're eventually left with the truth." "

Journal Entry 2 by levander at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 01, 2012

reserviert für booksieboo

Journal Entry 3 by levander at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 3 yrs ago (7/15/2012 UTC) at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

wird an booksieboo übergeben

Viel Spaß beim Lesen!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooksieboowing at Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Vielen Dank, thank you!! Hope you also got home safely from the meetup in Mülheim. :-)

Update in August 2015:
Another mad book from a slightly mad author; he doesn't call himself Kinky for nothing!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbooksieboowing at Bücherschrank, Hans-Ehrenberg-Platz in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, August 23, 2015

Released 4 days ago (8/23/2015 UTC) at Bücherschrank, Hans-Ehrenberg-Platz in Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Hi,
I'm a travelling book and I'm currently trying to find new friends. It would be great if you could leave a note here about where and how you found me, whether you plan to read me and then release me somewhere, or if you intend to keep me.
I hope whoever found me enjoys reading me. :-))
BookCrossing is anonymous, free, and fun!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Lieber Finder!
Ich bin ein Buch auf Reisen und bin gerade dabei, neue Freunde zu finden. Über einen Eintrag über wo und wie Du mich gefunden hast, ob Du mich lesen willst und dann weiterreisen lässt, oder ob Du mich behältst, würde ich mich sehr freuen.
Viel Spaß beim Lesen!
Ja, und das Ganze ist anonym, kostenlos, und macht ganz viel Spaß. :-)

Deutschsprachige Informationen zu BookCrossing findest Du unter www.bookcrossers.de.