corner corner The Winds of War

The Winds of War
by Herman Wouk | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingDavros-10wing of Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 21, 2012

status (set by Davros-10): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDavros-10wing from Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 21, 2012

In the late 1930s, world politics begin to head in a dangerous direction. In Europe, Germany expands and rearms and proceeds to annex several border countries into the Reich. Meanwhile, Italy attempts to establish a Facist Colonial Empire under Mussolini while the Empire of Japan stands ready for a major war with China. Enter the Henry family, headed by career naval officer Victor "Pug" Henry. "Winds of War" thus follows the exploits of Pug and his children, all of which are set against the backdrop of world events leading up to the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDavros-10wing at Lutwyche Shopping Centre in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2012 UTC) at Lutwyche Shopping Centre in Lutwyche, Queensland Australia

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thanks for checking the site out. I hope you enjoy both the book and the site. People all over the world are tracking their books through BookCrossing. While you're here, I'd really appreciate it if you'd make a journal entry for this book so I know that it's safe. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free).

If you do decide to become a BookCrosser please consider using me, Davros-10, as the member who referred you. If you are already familiar with BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book, I hope it is one you were looking for!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready pass it on to a friend, or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

On the seat near Terry White Chemists.

Released for the 2012 ANZAC Day Release Challenge.