corner corner The Winter of Our Discontent

The Winter of Our Discontent
by John Steinbeck | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingDameEdnawing of Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 19, 2012

status (set by DameEdna): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingDameEdnawing from Monroe Township (Middlesex County), New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ethan Hawley, a descendant of proud New England sea captains, works as a clerk in the grocery store owned by an Italian immigrant. His wife is restless; his teenaged children are troubled and discontent, hungry for the tantalizing material comforts he cannot provide. Then one day, in a moment of moral crisis, Ethan decides to take a holiday from his own scrupulous standards.

Journal Entry 2 by wingDameEdnawing at House of Corrections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (4/19/2012 UTC) at House of Corrections in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Receiver of this book - I hope you will enjoy it and make a little journal entry! When you are done with it, perhaps you will send it on its way. Check out bookcrossing - it's a fun community of readers!