corner corner Baggage

Baggage
by Janet Street-Porter | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by karen07814 of Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on 4/17/2012

status (set by Bookfinder_123): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by karen07814 from Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dear Reader

Welcome to BookCrossing, especially if it is your first time here. I am really pleased that you found this book. It is a gift from me to you. If you wish you may hold on to it, but I hope that you will pass it on, either to a friend or loved one, or by leaving it to be found again. That way our book will be on an adventurous journey which we can follow as it gets passed along.

In the meantime, did you read the book? What did you think of it? Also, what do you think of the idea of BookCrossing? Feel free to write any thoughts when you come back to make a journal entry for this book.

While you are here, why not take a look around our website? It is completely free to register, it is safe and spam free and, if you do join, you will receive email alerts when this book is found again. I would be delighted if you wish to mention me, karen07814 , as the member who introduced you.

Happy Reading!

If you're in Colchester bookcrossers meet up once a month on the third Thursday at 7pm. Venue Fox Pub Layer de la Haye.
No fixed book to read, a pile of books in the middle of the table to choose from to take home. Somebody will have an opinion on any book (if you want the opinion) Feel free to come along or pm me for more details.

Journal Entry 2 by karen07814 at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/29/2012 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2012 in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

Over to you for a free read

Bookcrossing and Elizabeth Haynes and Tony Grey and Martyn Waites (Tania Carver) and Mark Billingham come to Colchester September 29th, full details here...

Journal Entry 3 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Picked up off the book table at the Colchester 'Unconvention' gathering of Bookcrossers. I love JSP and have already started reading this one. Thank you very much.

Journal Entry 4 by inkognitoh at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, October 12, 2012

I really enjoyed this insight into Janet's formative years. I really enjoy her ascerbic take on life and no-bullshit opinions. Having lived on the North End Road for many years before moving onto a boat and mooring in Perivale for large swathes of the summer, I really felt I got a vague understanding of the areas she was talking about.

Her strength of character and gritty determination to be anything other than bland is remarkable. I really admire her (have I mentioned that)? Anyway, thanks for a quick read and glimpse behind the curtain of what went into the making of the large character that is Janet Street-Porter.

Journal Entry 5 by inkognitoh at Royal Festival Hall in South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 06, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/6/2013 UTC) at Royal Festival Hall in South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom

Left in the foyer of the Southbank Centre prior to a matinee performance of Slava's Snow Show.

Journal Entry 6 by Bookfinder_123 at South Bank, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 20, 2013

I found 'Baggage' by Janet Street Porter at the Royal Festival Hall foyer. I glanced at it, wondered what it was doing there and then saw the Bookcrossing sticker and soon understood the concept so I brought it home. It is not a book I would normally go for but having glanced at the first few pages I am now quite intrigued and I think I will read the whole book. I will release it once finished and look forward to following its journey via this website.