corner corner Rustic Rebel

Rustic Rebel
by Robin Page | Humor
Registered by Needle-n-Thread of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, April 16, 2012

status (set by taffycwmearl): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Needle-n-Thread from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, April 16, 2012

ABOUT THE BOOK:
According to comedian and writer Rory McGrath: “The book is refreshingly honest and wickedly funny. Robin Page should be made Prime Minister immediately; unfortunately he’s handicapped by common sense and talent”.

Journal Entry 2 by Needle-n-Thread at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, April 16, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/16/2012 UTC) at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Rustic Rebel by Robin Page is an amusing story about his life on a farm in England. He is a bit of a rebel and speaks up about the difficult rules and regulations farmers have to abide by. He gets himself into strife quite often with the police as well.
It's a very good read and I look forward to reading more of his books if they become available.

Journal Entry 3 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I picked this book up from Needle-n-Thread. Thank you.

Robin Page makes a lot of good points in his book, which is a collection of short chapters, each with a story of his life on the farm and connected activities. He complains about the UK being cemented over for instance, which in turn leads to lose of countryside, and is connected to too many people (my links). He makes lots of sensible points like this. But it is like a cry from the mire. Is anyone listening, or more accurately, are the 'right' people listening? Do they care to listen?
What lets his argument down is his singling out of people and political parties to criticise for the problems and lack of vision being displayed. The problem is broader than that.

Journal Entry 4 by winggoldenwattlewing at Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Thursday, November 15, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/16/2012 UTC) at Civic, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Released at the Canberra Bookcrossing 'UnCANvention' dinner, held at '3 Mothers Thai', Civic, ACT. Enjoy and may the book travel.

Later we went to King O'Malley's Pub.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmarmee463wing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, November 19, 2012

Caught at O'Malleys during the UnCANvention, thanks goldenwattle. I will add this to Mt TBR but as the mountain is a tad out of control at the present time it may be a while before I get to read it. It was great to meet up with you and to be able to put a face to a screen name.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmarmee463wing at Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

An all round entertaining read.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmarmee463wing at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (2/9/2013 UTC) at Green Sage Cafe in Templestowe, Victoria Australia

I plan to release this at our meet-up on Sunday 10 February at Degani Bakery Cafe, if it is not caught at the meet-up I shall release it on to the BC bookcase at Green Sage Cafe on Monday..

To the finder of this book -
Lucky You! You have found a travelling book. The idea is to connect people through books and I can assure you it can be fun. I suggest you browse through the site, there is plenty to discover, have fun.

Journal Entry 8 by xtrdnry at Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Came across this book today. I picked it up because I have read Robin Page's books before and found them very entertaining.

Journal Entry 9 by xtrdnry at Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 19, 2013

I didn't enjoy this as much as the last Robin page book I read, as it focussed on the Government quite a bit. I have less than no interest in English politics, surpassed only by my complete disregard for my own country's politics.
Well written and some amusing parts about life as a farmer.

Journal Entry 10 by xtrdnry at Thrift Park Shopping Centre in Parkdale, Victoria Australia on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Released 7 mos ago (12/22/2013 UTC) at Thrift Park Shopping Centre in Parkdale, Victoria Australia

Left on the ATM machines near the main entrance.

Journal Entry 11 by taffycwmearl at Richmond Station in Richmond, Victoria Australia on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (1/9/2014 UTC) at Richmond Station in Richmond, Victoria Australia

excellent would never have read it except for "finding it " so true and such humour