corner corner At Weddings and Wakes

At Weddings and Wakes
by Alice McDermott | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 4/16/2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, April 16, 2012

I selected this book from The Book Thing of Baltimore, an organization whose mission is to put unwanted books into the hands of those who want them.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA on Monday, April 16, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (4/22/2012 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book is being released at the International Day of the Book street festival in Kensington, Maryland USA!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Sunday, April 22, 2012

This was left over at the end of a very rainy Day of the Book festival in Kensington, Maryland. I hope to continue its journey soon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (5/19/2012 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

Giving away at the Gaithersburg Book Festival

Journal Entry 5 by wingmelydiawing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Saturday, May 26, 2012

This was left over at the end of the Gaithersburg Book Festival. I hope to continue its journey soon.

Journal Entry 6 by wingmelydiawing at Church of the Ascension in Centreville, Virginia USA on Monday, June 25, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (6/24/2012 UTC) at Church of the Ascension in Centreville, Virginia USA

Left near the historical marker.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Geocaches, Virginia USA on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I was walking my dog and thought I saw some pamphlets sitting outside of a local church which turned out to be this book. I haven't read a novel in years and ended up reading this one in two days. I read about the author and found that she has won the Pulitzer, although not for this selection. While a fiction novel is not what I gravitate to and I did find that the story did not seem to have a point to it, I did enjoy reading it and I'm very excited to have come across this book and hope that it will continue on a very long and rewarding journey.