corner corner Tapas on the Ramblas (Russell Quant Mysteries)

Tapas on the Ramblas (Russell Quant Mysteries)
by Anthony Bidulka | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 15, 2012

status (set by crossingguardma): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 15, 2012

This is book three in the Russell Quant Mystery series. I really liked this one a lot - it was a much better mystery than Flight of Aquavit. You can't help but like Russell.......

Product Description
Charity Wiser, matriarch of the Wiser clan by virtue of her wealth and power, is an indomitable provocateur ... and private detective Russell Quant's newest employer. There is more than a single rotten apple on this family tree, and Quant has been hired to discover which one is intent on murdering his client. To help him sleuth out the evil culprit, Charity Wiser arranges a family reunion aboard the opulent Friends of Dorothy Cruiseliner as it tours the most exotic ports of the Mediterranean. But smooth sailing is short-lived as undercurrents of clashes — local and tourist, gay and straight, trendy and traditional — offer Russell insight into the Wisers and reveal a family simmering with rage and greed. He begins to wonder: who doesn't want Charity Wiser dead? Shifting from his prairie stomping ground to a sea undulating with death, Quant's smarts, senses and sea legs are challenged. From tantalizing tapas and sweet sangria in Spain to the bitter taste of death in Sicily, Quant goes head to head with friends and foes in a series of unforgettable locales. Come aboard a sensual journey of sun and sea brine, caviar and champagne on a cruise replete with the luxury of murder.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this awesome fun book to the Bookcrossing meeting today at the Joshua Tree Cafe. Anthony Bidulka is a very entertaining author - I just love Russell!

Journal Entry 3 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not sure how it happened, but I came home will 11 books from the May meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers!

Mount TBR is teetering....

Journal Entry 4 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sure looking forward to meeting this creative author of the Russell Quant mysteries at the 2012 When Words Collide book festival.

I read #2 and #3 back-to-back, I just wanted to keep the fun rolling with his great recurring characters. This mystery involves an eccentric millionaire lesbian who holds the family purse strings and loves to flog the rest of the family with them... Until the death threats begin. Great romp, satisfying mystery and all around fun!

Keep them coming!

Journal Entry 5 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the June meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café. Hope this book will go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dispite my best efforts (ok maybe not my best...) I came home with 13 books. I guess I know what I am doing this month!

Journal Entry 7 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 11, 2013

What an amazing book! I was two chapters from completion for our March meetup and boy did things change at the end. What a ride! I really enjoyed this one, Russell is a great character and I loved the setting, makes me want to go do a cruise (hopefully with less adventure though). The settings are always so vivid without pages and pages of description.

Can't wait to get my hands on book 4.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (4/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to April's meeting. The theme is Oldies and as I have had this book on my shelf for a long time I would say this book is old to me...

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 9 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 10 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Loved it. Wish I had the next book in the series to start right away...

I'm not sure I'm completely happy with how everything ended (and for that matter) started with in the characters' personal lives, but the mystery was great and well wrapped up. Normally when I read a mystery I don't try to figure out things ahead of time, but this one did have an event part way through that revealed to me who dunnit well before the end. But there were still some surprises I didn't see coming!

Thanks for the fun read!

Journal Entry 11 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Released 8 mos ago (3/8/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 12 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Book 3. Hope missing book 2 is okay...

Journal Entry 13 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 05, 2014

I really enjoyed this book. We are heading on a cruise so good to get into the cruise mode....certainly hope that the incidents that happened in the book don't happen to us!

Journal Entry 14 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (5/10/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this book to our monthly bookcrossers meet up at Cravings - the second Saturday of every month- to pass on to the next reader.