corner corner The Cat Who Played Brahms

The Cat Who Played Brahms
by Lilian Jackson Braun | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by pumpkinpussycat of St.Marys, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

status (set by AlterEgoZoe): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by pumpkinpussycat from St.Marys, Ontario Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Amazon Editorial Review

Is it just a case of summertime blues or a full-blown career crisis? Newspaper reporter Jim Qwilleran isn't sure, but he's hoping a few days in the country will help him sort out his life.
With cats Koko and Yum Yum for company, Qwilleran heads for a cabin owned by a longtime family friend, "Aunt Fanny." But from the moment he arrives, things turn strange. Eerie footsteps cross the roof at midnight, Local townsfolk become oddly secretive. And then, while fishing, Qwilleran hooks on to a murder mystery. Soon Qwilleran enters into a game of cat and mouse with the killer, while Koko develops a sudden and uncanny fondness for classical music...

I am sending this "cat" themed book along as a rabck in foxyfiona1986's cat themed rabck.

Journal Entry 2 by pumpkinpussycat at By Mail, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/8/2012 UTC) at By Mail, Ontario Canada

I am sending this along as a rabck in a Cat Themed Sweepstakes--ENJOY :)

Journal Entry 3 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thank you! Received today.

ETA: Thanks also for the all the nice things included-stickers and pencils and the nice card! :) :)

Journal Entry 4 by AlterEgoZoe at SIUH in Staten Island, New York USA on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/5/2012 UTC) at SIUH in Staten Island, New York USA

When he looked up again Tas had gone. Rising to join the others, he caught sight of something small and abandoned on the floor. "Tas you forgot your pipe." He picked it up and then saw words carved into the wood he had not seen before. Find the music, find the magic.
"Did you carve this?"
Tas did not turn. "Yes," he said, reluctantly. "I have to leave it."
"But, Tas, why?"
Tas squared his shoulders as though firming some resolve. But still he did not turn. "Because the shepherd said that it could only be used once. Thats why I can't get the pipe to play that song-or any song. I've used the magic." He took a deep breath and went on. "And he said that once I found the magic I had the pass the pipe on." he paused and then he did turn, a scamp's humor in his long brown eyes. "It's going to be a long winter. I'm going to leave it here for someone else to find."
"Snowsong" by Nancy Varian Berberick

Found a book? Find the magic! Welcome to BookCrossing!! If you are already a member, "Hello!", if you have only just found this lovely site, welcome!

Congratulations on finding a released BookCrossing book! You can now register on the site, if you want to. It's free to register, but of course you can remain anon. It's up to you!

If you do decide to join, please add me as your referring member, AlterEgoZoe. Thanks!

Most of all, enjoy the book, and enjoy BookCrossing!