corner corner Five Quarters of the Orange

Five Quarters of the Orange
by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction
Registered by stringofpearls of Escondido, California USA on 4/13/2012

status (set by elizardbreath): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by stringofpearls from Escondido, California USA on Friday, April 13, 2012

I read this a few years ago and liked it, then gave it away. Picked up another copy this morning at my library's shop after seeing it on bookstogive's wishlist.

Journal Entry 2 by stringofpearls at Escondido, California USA on Friday, April 13, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/16/2012 UTC) at Escondido, California USA

On its way to bookstogive for Wishlist Tag Game.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbookstogivewing at Springville, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I received this great book today in the mail as part of the Wishlist Tag Game, thanks so much for "tagging" me! I am really looking forward to reading it as I have heard good things about the author.

My Review:
This is the story of Framboise who returns to the village where she grew up after leaving a long time ago. She is extremely concerned that the villagers will figure out who she is, creating mystery and intrigue as the narrative alternates between the past and present. Through her memories, we meet Framboise as a child and experience the summer the Germans were in town. In the present we follow Framboise's attempt to decipher the hidden secrets in her mother's scrapbook.

I enjoyed the book and now it is heading off to a new reader

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookstogivewing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Thursday, September 21, 2017

Released 2 mos ago (9/21/2017 UTC) at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA

Releasing as a selection from the General Lit VBB, enjoy!

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 5 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I'm looking forward to this---thanks!