corner corner Starclimber

Starclimber
by Kenneth Oppel | Teens
Registered by AwesomeAud of New Dundee, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

status (set by mathgirl40): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AwesomeAud from New Dundee, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I picked up this 2008 trade paperback for a song at BookSmart, the remainder book store on Fischer-Hallman. I know some one who has read the first book in this trilogy, and has acquired the second book. This is the third book. I hope she likes it.

Journal Entry 2 by AwesomeAud at Nova Era Bakery & Pastry, King St. E. & Cedar St. corner in Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/10/2012 UTC) at Nova Era Bakery & Pastry, King St. E. & Cedar St. corner in Kitchener, Ontario Canada

I'll be bringing this book to our monthly Bookcrossing meet up tonight. I'll see if my friend wants it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmathgirl40wing at Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I got this from AwesomeAud at tonight's BookCrossing meeting at the Nova Era bakery. I loved Airborn, the first book in this series, and got Skybreaker from a recent bookbox, so this nicely completes the set!

Journal Entry 4 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 16, 2012

This was a fantastic conclusion to the series! I enjoyed it as much as I did the first two books. As a Canadian, how can I not like a book in which Canadians become the first to go to outer space? (Maybe that's why this book is considered fantasy as well as sci-fi!)

My daughter also enjoyed the series. Thanks, AwesomeAud, for giving me the book! I am saving the book for another BookCrossing friend who has recently finished Airborn.

Journal Entry 5 by sjt105 at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 13, 2012

Loved this one also. Find it fascinating how Oppel comes up with such wonderful creatures by combining different biological factors from various species. I also love the emphasis on Canadians in this one. Great read!

Journal Entry 6 by wingmathgirl40wing at Waterloo, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 20, 2012

I got this book back from sjt105 and then passed it onto a friend at a book-club meeting, along with the first two books in the series, Airborn and Skybreaker.