corner corner The Map

The Map
by T. S. Learner | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingSemioticghostwing of Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2012

status (set by Semioticghost): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingSemioticghostwing from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2012

I couldn't get into this, as I just didn't like the main characters, so I left it after 80 pages or so. Hope somebody else enjoys it!

A reviewer on amazon says:
I was intrigued by the premise and realised that it wasn't going to be a great work of literature. However, this book just plods along, always appearing to be on the verge of something exciting but never getting there.

The hero is unengaging bordering on repellent. The style is pure Dan Brown at his worst at times but I think I expected that. There was a point where I began to think it was an English language translation such were the grammatical and punctuation mistakes but after about 100 pages those problems disappear so I suppose it simply hasn't been proof read properly.

Style quibbles aside, this ought to have been a romp - a guilty pleasure - but on the whole it is just dull.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSemioticghostwing at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/9/2012 UTC) at Caffe Nero IP1 book-crossing zone in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

Left on the window-sill by the fireplace, upstairs.