corner corner Angelas Ashes

Angelas Ashes
by Frank McCourt | History
Registered by wingleamhliomwing of Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on 4/8/2012

status (set by book-a-billy): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingleamhliomwing from Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Hello Kind Reader,
Just a quick note that I've registered this book at BookCrossing.com, so that I can keep up on where it goes, who reads it, and what they thought of it. Please visit www.BookCrossing.com to make a quick journal entry, then pass the book along to someone else who will appreciate it. We can all track this book's journey and the lives it touches forever more!
Thank You!

Journal Entry 2 by wingleamhliomwing at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Sunday, April 08, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (4/13/2012 UTC) at Camden Court Hotel in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Please read, enjoy this book and pass it on. Share the love of reading!

Please let me know if you've found this book on www.bookcrossing.com

Journal Entry 3 by Bonnie at Waldems, Hessen Germany on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Picked up from the Dublin Convention Booktable

Journal Entry 4 by Bonnie at Waldems, Hessen Germany on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (11/15/2014 UTC) at Waldems, Hessen Germany

Travelling in the RABCK-Box for Lesefee3

Journal Entry 5 by book-a-billy at -- Irgendwo in Bayern, Bayern Germany on Thursday, November 20, 2014

This book came to me in a big box travelling with a lot of nice companions.

Journal Entry 6 by book-a-billy at München, Bayern Germany on Friday, July 29, 2016

A really sad autobiography of McCourt's childhood. It is hard to believe how parents and other adults can treat children in the way, Frank was treated when he was a child. It is also a miracle that he survived that time. You feel as if you had been in Limerick in the 1930s/1940s, as Frank McCourt depicts such a vivid picture of the time and the place.
I had started reading the book in 2014 but it could not captivate me so much that I would have finished it then. Now, in 2016, I have finally finished it and must say that I admire the author for being so frank about the "sins he committed".