corner corner The Double Comfort Safari Club: The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 11

The Double Comfort Safari Club: The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency, Book 11
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 02, 2012

status (set by Panzeranzi): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 02, 2012

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 02, 2012

In an all-too-flimsy canoe on her way to a distant delta safari camp, Precious Ramotswe reflects on the art of navigation. Her latest cases require her to steer a careful course. Searching for the beneficiary of an American lady's legacy seems straightforward, but a friend's suspicion that her husband has strayed needs delicate handling. Meanwhile Mma Makutsi's husband-to-be Phuti Radiphuti has been injured and an unpleasant senior aunt is seeking to supplant his fiancee at the bedside.

I am not a fan of Alexander McCall Smith but I can't give away a book without reading it first. I quite enjoyed watching the No1 Ladies Detective Agency on the TV however I find the books less enjoyable. To me, many of the conversations or descriptions are overly long. In AMS's own words from this book "Nothing was said on this walk ... or nothing significant".

Journal Entry 3 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, April 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/13/2012 UTC) at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

Taking this to the Convention as part of my NSS gift.

Journal Entry 4 by Panzeranzi at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the presents, love them! I hope you will come to the convention in Gothenburg next year!