corner corner Notes from a Small Island

Notes from a Small Island
by Bill Bryson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by worldbooknight on Monday, April 23, 2012

status (set by emilienicole): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by worldbooknight at London , Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/23/2012 UTC) at London , Greater London United Kingdom

This book is a gift. It is one of 1 million which has been given in the UK & Ireland as part of World Book Night 2012 to spread the joy and love of reading. We are glad that you are now part of this great book’s journey, hope that you enjoy reading it and, once you have done so, passing it on to someone else who might enjoy reading it too.
World Book Night 2012 is all about introducing new readers to books and we’d ask that you please share this book with someone who does not read regularly and help inspire in them a love of books. When you pass it on, ask the next reader to record their own thoughts on this book by visiting www.worldbooknight.org and entering the unique identifying number.

Journal Entry 2 by JulieRobinson at Radcliffe, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Monday, May 14, 2012

As a departure from my usual reading genre, I would normally have passed this one by, but I gave it a go as it was given to me as part the World Book Night 2012. I started it without much enthusiasm, but found after a short while I was completely hooked. The pages are full of sparkling wit and reminders of places I had once visited but forgotten as well as wonderful accounts of parts of Britain that are now on my rapidly expanding 'to do/see' list. A thoroughly enjoyable read, which had me literally crying with laughter in some parts. Thank you World Book Night and thank you Mr Bryson.

Journal Entry 3 by JulieRobinson at Radcliffe, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Monday, May 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/14/2012 UTC) at Radcliffe, Greater Manchester United Kingdom

Receiver of this book - I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did and make a little journal entry! When you are done with it, please you will send it on its way.

Journal Entry 4 by emilienicole at Radcliffe, Greater Manchester United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Received this yesterday from my mother. Read the first page to see whether I would enjoy the book and ended up reading 10 pages. Will definitely continue reading.