corner corner Cat's Eye

Cat's Eye
by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 11/16/2003

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 16, 2003

This is a hard cover edition.

Boook Description
Returning to the city of her youth for a retrospective of her art, controversial painter Elaine Risley is engulfed by vivid images of the past. Strongest of all is the figure of Cordelia, leader of the trio of girls who initiated her into the fierce politics of childhood and its secret world of friendship, longing, and betrayal. Elaine must come to terms with her own identity as a daughter, a lover, an artist, and a woman-but above all, she must seek release from Cordelia's haunting memory. Disturbing, hilarious, and compassionate, Cat's Eye is a breathtaking contemporary novel of a woman grappling with the tangled knot of her life.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 08, 2004

Wow, this was the first Margaret Atwood novel that I completed...I'm a bad Canadian :)

After finishing this novel I came away very impressed with how vivid Atwood's descriptions are of fairly mundane situations. An added bonus was that the bulk of the novel was set in Toronto so I was able to recognize some of the settings described in the novel.

The one complaint that I had was how the pespective continually shifted between present day and flashback mode. But all in all I enjoyed reading this book and can honestly say I will read more Margaret Atwood and that this deserves an 8.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski at DataMirror Building in Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Released on Tuesday, March 16, 2004 at DataMirror Building - Steeles & Woodbine in Markham, Ontario Canada.

Left on top of the payphone this morning around 07:15.