corner corner The Matarese Countdown

The Matarese Countdown
by Robert Ludlum | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 10/28/2003

status (set by brewski): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Twenty years ago, top agents from the CIA and KGB banded together to bring down the Matarese Circle, an international cabal of powerbrokers and assassins whose sole objective was to achieve worldwide economic domination. Now the bloody Matarese dynasty is back--and the only man with the power to stop it may have already run out of time....
CIA case officer Cameron Pryce is hot on the trail of the new Matarese alliance. His only chance to terminate its ruthless activities is to follow the trail of blood money and stone-cold killers right to the heart of its deadly conspiracy.

From the Hamptons to London's Belgrave Square, Matarese assassins have already struck with brutal efficiency, eliminating all who stand in their way. Their chain of violence is impossible to stop--until Pryce gets a rare break. One of the Matarese's victims survives long enough to whisper dying words that will blow the case wide open: the top secret code name for legendary retired CIA agent Brandon Scofield--the only man who has ever infiltrated the Matarese inner circle and lived to tell about it.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 16, 2004

Well, despite the consistently bad reviews this book has gotten all over the web, I actually found this fairly entertaining...go figure. I guess this tells me that if I pick up one of Ludlum's better written works, I should really really enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski at Fairfield Inn by the Old Navy Plaza in Erie, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, August 26, 2004

Released on Thursday, August 26, 2004 at Fairfield Inn by the Old Navy Plaza in Erie, Pennsylvania USA.

Left on the table by the 2nd floor elevator entrance around 09:15.