corner corner The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven
by Mitch Albom | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 7/21/2004

status (set by Channosaurus): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, July 21, 2004

From the Publisher:

Eddie is a wounded war veteran, an old man who has lived, in his mind, an uninspired life. His job is fixing rides at a seaside amusement park. On his 83rd birthday, a tragic accident kills him, as he tries to save a little girl from a falling cart. He awakes in the afterlife, where he learns that heaven is not a destination. It’s a place where your life is explained to you by five people, some of whom you knew, others who may have been strangers. One by one, from childhood to soldier to old age, Eddie’s five people revisit their connections to him on earth, illuminating the mysteries of his "meaningless" life, and revealing the haunting secret behind the eternal question: "Why was I here?"

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 23, 2004

Sigh...this book just went too fast. I could barely put the book down once I started on it, and before I knew it I was done. This book was very interesting and presented a fresh new take on heaven and was written so vividly that I could practically picture what Eddie was seeing. I can't wait to read more by Mitch Albom if this is any indication of the quality of his writing.

I will be passing this book on to a few friends and family and will release it after they have all had their crack.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, October 07, 2005

Sending this off to my brother over the weekend.

Journal Entry 4 by Channosaurus from Los Angeles, California USA on Friday, January 26, 2007

I definitely enjoyed this one. It had its share of twists and turns, which made it a page turner...which is sort of a bad thing, since it's so short! Before I knew it, I was done with the book!