corner corner Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
by Roald Dahl | Children's Books
Registered by ShadowPi of Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on 10/14/2003

status (set by BlackLilith): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 14, 2003

TBR

Journal Entry 2 by ShadowPi from Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 14, 2006

On it's way to BlackLilith

Journal Entry 3 by BlackLilith from Città di Castello, Umbria Italy on Friday, April 21, 2006

Many thanks to ShadowPi, it's arrived today! ^__^

International bookring ---> link

BlackLilith ---> Italy (17/05/2006)

1 ) Trelk ---> Switzerland, can ship anywhere
2 ) -aoirghe- ---> Germany, can ship anywhere
3 ) Mary-T ---> Germany, can ship anywhere
6 ) mrspopoff ---> Uk, can ship anywhere
7 ) travelernnn ---> Uk (with Us address too)
9 ) Ilios ---> Us, can ship to Us or Canada
10 ) redhatbird ---> Canada, can ship anywhere
11 ) aunt-sophie ---> Canada, can ship anywhere
8 ) esq228 ---> Us, can ship anywhere
a ) JamsODonnellToo ---> Germany
b ) Charly83 ---> Germany
c ) DevilKitty ---> Italy

BlackLilith ---> Italy

Deleted ('cause they didn't answer to lots of pm from lots of time): palomikus, giggogg, woomama

Journal Entry 4 by BlackLilith from Città di Castello, Umbria Italy on Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The ring started today, wednesday (May 17th, 2006), from our central postal office in Città di Castello (PG), Italy, destination: Switzerland, to the BCer Trelk...

To all of you, have an happy ring and enjoy reading the book!

Journal Entry 5 by Trelk from Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Friday, May 19, 2006

Just arrived. Thanks BlackLilith!!

Journal Entry 6 by Trelk from Grand-Lancy, Genève Switzerland on Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Really enjoyed it. Easy to read, well written (it was my first Roald Dahl book in its original language), funny, a real good time.

To be sent to -aoirghe- tomorrow.

Journal Entry 7 by -aoirghe- from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The book arrived last week already, but I didn't have time to make an entry earlier. I'm very much looking forward to reading it, but it may take me some time as there are several bookrings for me to finish first.

Thanks to Trelk for sending it.

Journal Entry 8 by -aoirghe- from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Great! What a treat! Just like Dahl's other books, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" is just a modern classic. Unfortunately I'll now have to buy it for my personal collection. Did anyone say that BookCrossing saves money?

As soon as I get Mary-T's address Charlie will continue his travels through Europe.

Journal Entry 9 by Mary-T from Bretzfeld, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Sunday, July 23, 2006

I received the book on friday - and I just read it instead of putting it on my MtTBR at all...
I really enjoyed the English Charly better than the German one. It was nice.
But nevertheless I didn't like the presentation of the treatment of the bad kids so much. (Although they really were a pain in the butt... ;) )

Charly will keep on travelling as soon as I have the next address.

10.8.06 - update
giggogg wants to be skipped - and until now I didn't get a response from woomama... I'll wait until next week - and then I will contact the next person on the list

14.8.06 - update
At last I got an address: Charly will go travelling to mrspopoff tomorrow

Journal Entry 10 by mrspopoff from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Sunday, August 20, 2006

Received this the other day and only just had chance to journal it - apologies! Shouldn't take me too long to read and will pass onto next person as soon as!

Journal Entry 11 by mrspopoff from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Monday, August 21, 2006

Haven't read this book since I was a child and it always seemed longer to read then! The problem with reading it now, is that the story has been distorted by the two films that are now in circulation, but it was interesting to see how the newer Johnny Depp version was very close to the original of the book. Did enjoy reading it again, but I think my fave Ronald Dahl book still goes to Fantastic Mr Fox.

Journal Entry 12 by mrspopoff from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Monday, August 28, 2006

Will be posted in next couple of days to travelernnn.

Journal Entry 13 by travelernnn on Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This book arrived today in the post. I look forward to reading it.

This was a fun quick read. Having never read the book as a child, it was interesting after seeing both of the movies. I enjoyed the differences. As all good children stories do there is a delightful moral to this story, but I think I found most compelling Dahl's railing against television watching by children in favour of reading. Definitely a losing battle especially given that this book was originally published in the 1960s.

I PMed the next person in line and hope to get this book out on Friday.

Journal Entry 14 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Got the book yesterday. It was great timing because I need some "cheer me up". I had my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday and I still feel miserable. :o( I can't wait to read this!

Journal Entry 15 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I couldn't resist! I devoured this entire book in one sitting. It was very entertaining. I particularly loved the Oompa-Loompa songs, especially the last one, about children watching TV. It was very endearing indeed. I will mail this book to the next BXer as soon as I get an address. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 16 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Thursday, October 05, 2006

I had to delete my wild release entry b/c I picked the wrong release place. Sorry about that! This book is on its way to redhatbird. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 17 by redhatbird from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Monday, October 16, 2006

I just got it today and I am very excited, I have seen the movies but have wanted to read the book for a long time. By the sounds of it, I may be having to buy my own.

Journal Entry 18 by redhatbird from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, October 24, 2006

As I expected, I will have to add my own copy of this wonderful story to my collection. An endearing character that little Charlie. I have also always had a soft spot for Mr. Willy Wonka.
I will contact the next bxer on the list and get this treasure on its way.

Journal Entry 19 by redhatbird from New Westminster, British Columbia Canada on Monday, October 30, 2006

Sending this book off today....should get to aunt-sophie in a couple a days.

Journal Entry 20 by VSP-560485 on Thursday, November 02, 2006

This was in my mailbox today. I can't believe I have never read it before! I am really looking forward to it... but I have a couple of books to finish/read before.

Journal Entry 21 by VSP-560485 on Monday, November 13, 2006

I've read over the weekend. It was a fast and fun read! It was interesting to finally read the original story, after seeing both movies several times! I can say it has a spirit of its own, and that both movies take different bits from it. But the magical, creative aspect of the story remains. Thank you BlackLilith for allowing me to finally read this classic!!!

I've PM'd palomikus twice and posted an "ISO" message on the forum, but no reply, so I PM'd the person after. Update on Dec. 10: I've got an address now, I should mail the book later this week.

Journal Entry 22 by VSP-560485 on Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ok, the book is off for real today! Sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 23 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Sunday, December 31, 2006

Received today. Am putting it next on my to be read list!!

Journal Entry 24 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wow - what a quick and fun read. And, having seen the movie (the original I don't even know how many times and the new Johnnie Depp one once) it was nice to see some things in the book were different. This is my second Dahl book in the past six months or so and I'm looking forward to others!

As soon as I have the next person's info, Charlie will travel back to Europe.

Thanks for sharing!!

Journal Entry 25 by JamsODonnellToo from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, March 04, 2007

Arrived yesterday with the mail. Thank you esq228 and BlackLilith!

Journal Entry 26 by JamsODonnellToo from Köln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, March 16, 2007

What fun! :D I haven't seen the movies and I had no idea what the book was about - I truly enjoyed it. And I found myself trying to make up melodies for the Oompa-Loompa songs, LOL.... We'll certainly buy it in German for our kids.

Thanks BlackLilith for letting me in on this one! Charlie is now on his way to Charly ;) Have fun!

Journal Entry 27 by Charly83 from Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Charlie has arrived in Charly's ;) apartment. Thanks to JamsODonnellToo...

Journal Entry 28 by Charly83 from Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany on Monday, June 11, 2007

I love this book. I had to laugh a lot. It keeps a deeper morale in it and I hope that children in the modern world read it and understand it as well!

The book is on its way to DevilKitty. Have fun with it :)

Journal Entry 29 by DevilKitty from Camogli, Liguria Italy on Monday, July 23, 2007

The book has arrived!

Journal Entry 30 by BlackLilith from Città di Castello, Umbria Italy on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bentornato a casa!

Welcome back home!

Journal Entry 31 by BlackLilith at Centro Commerciale Castello - Cliche in Città di Castello, Umbria Italy on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (8/21/2007 UTC) at Centro Commerciale Castello - Cliche in Città di Castello, Umbria Italy

Clichè c/o Centro Commerciale Castello