corner corner Love You to Bits and Pieces Pb

Love You to Bits and Pieces Pb
by Gillian Helfgott | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by D-face of Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, March 30, 2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by D-face from Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, March 30, 2012

The biography of David Helfott, a gifted young Australian pianist who suffered a severe mental breakdown and was institutionalized. Although brilliant and charismatic, he was insecure and reliant on anti-psychotic medication, but eventually overcame his illness to achieve artistic greatness. This story was written by his wife Gillian, who tells of the powerful bond between them and of sharing her life with a man who came through the darkness of his past. Basis for the movie SHINE.

Journal Entry 2 by D-face at Old Parliament House in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/31/2012 UTC) at Old Parliament House in Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Canberra BookCrossing meet up

Journal Entry 3 by beli-jg at Sweet Copper Cafe, Old Ginninnderra Village in Nicholls, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, July 27, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/28/2012 UTC) at Sweet Copper Cafe, Old Ginninnderra Village in Nicholls, Australian Capital Territory Australia

Enjoyed reading this book. At Canberra Book Crossers' monthly meeting

Journal Entry 4 by Elddau1 at Nicholls, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, August 10, 2012

This was on the table at the end of the meet-up at Sweet Copper Cafe. I collected the remaining books for release at the UnCANvention (November 16-18).
But last weekend we finally went to a wonderful place near Yass, The Crisp Galleries and -among the stunning glass pieces, the beautiful gardens, and Devonshire Tea in the woolshed-like concert room - we learned that David Helfgott will be performing there on Sunday:
Sunday 12th August 2012 at 2pm

So if I have the time tomorrow we'll release the book there - what a wonderful coincidence. In the meantime I'll read as much of it as I can.
:-)

Journal Entry 5 by Elddau1 at The Crisp Galleries Australia, Hume Highway in Bowning, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, August 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/12/2012 UTC) at The Crisp Galleries Australia, Hume Highway in Bowning, New South Wales Australia

We left this on a cafe table out the front of Peter Crisp's glass gallery, before the start of David Helfgott's performance. The tea and coffee will be served there at the interval so someone going to the concert will be able to find it.

Hello! from us who read this book before you! We're glad you found it so you can become part of it's journey too.
Please let us know you have it by making a journal entry here. (You can be anonymous if you wish.)
Also if you release it again into the wild or pass it on, record it's next movement here for us to see. We'd love to know what you thought of the book.

You might like to join BookCrossing.com - a whole community of people who love sharing books. It's free, fun and very addictive sharing with like-minded people!
If you choose to join, consider giving my name as your referring member: Elddau1
Cheers and Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 6 by lexhoward at Bowning, New South Wales Australia on Monday, May 06, 2013

An interesting and easy read about a truly fascinating musical genius

Journal Entry 7 by elenikosmas at Curtin, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Monday, May 06, 2013

was passed this book by someone who had just read it and recommended it to me. Looking forward to reading it over the next few weeks.

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Friday, June 21, 2013

An incredible story about a very talented man. Very well written.