corner corner Beyond the Call of Duty: Heart-warming stories of canine devotion and bravery

Beyond the Call of Duty: Heart-warming stories of canine devotion and bravery
by Isabel George | Pets & Animals
Registered by foxyfiona1986 of Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2012

status (set by PrincessRainbow): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by foxyfiona1986 from Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2012

This book is a collection of stories of brave heroic dogs past and present. It is broken down into 5 stories of 5 very different dogs but all with the same drive and devotion for their own and his fellow soldier friends. Boasting morale in the bleakest times during and sensing enemy fire and IED's before any home can.There is many dogs out there who have these loyal brave qualities and it nice too see a book that commends the dogs of the hardship of war that they go through as they are the unsung heroes.

This book I bought from my favorite charity called Nowzad. Nowzad are mentioned in this book but I didn't know this when I got it. This charity is founded by Pen Farthing who is a ex Royal Marine Commando who is helping today's soldiers bring home their fellow dogs/cats back home from Afghanistan or Iraq. He also trying to improve the relationship and welfare between men and woman in Afghanistan and Iraq. Which is where they are seen as "dirty" and as a fighting tool too gain money not a friend or allie.

Journal Entry 2 by foxyfiona1986 at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/2/2012 UTC) at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria

Hi Princess Rainbow! Hope you like this book and the Skittles!

Journal Entry 3 by PrincessRainbow at Innsbruck, Tirol Austria on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

4. April 2012: The book and the rainbow sweets arrived today. I got them as a "Mad March Exchange". Thank you.