corner corner Aleph (Penguin Modern Classics)

Journal Entry 1 by marilina85 from Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal), Ciudad de Buenos Aires (Capital Federal) Argentina on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For one of the attendees to the Bookcrossing Convention in Dublin...

Borges was a widely known argentine author. His most famous books, Ficciones (1944) and The Aleph (1949), are compilations of short stories interconnected by common themes such as dreams, labyrinths, libraries, mirrors, animals, fictional writers, religion and God. His works have contributed to the genre of science fiction as well as the genre of magic realism, a genre that reacted against the realism/naturalism of the nineteenth century.

Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by marilina85 at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/12/2012 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland

As my sister and I are the only argentine bookcrossers attending the convention, I decided to bring a book by the most famous argentine author to share.

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Dublin, Co. Dublin Ireland on Saturday, April 07, 2012

Thank you so much, marilina86! I recently read Ficciones, so this is just perfect.
And it was lovely to meet you in person today :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Monday, November 26, 2012

Brilliant, weird short stories! Lots of symbolism, countless layers, brilliantly structured, intense and magical; no easy reading. I especially enjoyed The Aleph and The Zahir

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Thursday, January 03, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (1/4/2013 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Travelling along with a knitted guerrilla Ballycumber for some subversive BC yarnbombing

Journal Entry 6 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Sunday, January 27, 2013

This book arrived in San Diego with an entire package of assorted book labels and stickers, greeting cards, a book mark, and a knitted ballycumber for some yarnbombing. I'm so excited to have the knitted bally -- just need to find the right spot :) Thanks for sending this book along. I'm looking forward to my first experience of Borges!

Journal Entry 7 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Released 1 mo ago (9/26/2017 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

I read this book shortly after I received it. I liked Borges's writing style and the general philosophy of life that I sense in his stories. It's not surprising that he is so revered among writers and is considered to be the one who led the way for a generation of Spanish writers.

This book is going travelling today to find a new home with a fellow book lover.

You have in your hands a gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. Thanks for finding this book! I hope you enjoy reading it. Please leave a journal entry and let me know where this book has traveled! It can be done anonymously if you wish :)