corner corner Get Some Headspace: How Mindfulness Can Change Your Life in Ten Minutes a Day

Get Some Headspace: How Mindfulness Can Change Your Life in Ten Minutes a Day
by Andy Puddicombe | Health, Mind & Body
Registered by wingMoody-Bluewing of Meers, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

status (set by Moody-Blue): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingMoody-Bluewing from Meers, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I won this ARC (Advance Reader's Copy) in a giveaway drawing on Goodreads.com. Thank you to the publishers -- it looks like a good one!

Journal Entry 2 by wingMoody-Bluewing at McDonald, Tennessee USA on Sunday, May 20, 2012

Admittedly, it must be hard to write a book about meditation since most people prefer to do it with their eyes closed. The author does a pretty good job of describing the process, but then the reader is left at the mercy of his/her memory when it's time to do the actual practice.

Puddicombe includes some autobigraphical anecdotes and case studies from his clients -- none of which add much value to the book, in my opinion. My favorite parts were the scientific studies about the benefits of meditation and the chapters entitled "Practicalities" and "Ten Suggestions..." -- all of which I felt would be better placed at the beginning of the book.

Rating this book is tough... On one hand, it's just a very long-winded version of the website and the website is ultimately more user-friendly. On the other hand I'm now falling asleep like a champ and I give ALL the credit to my newly-found headspace experience. I guess I could just say, "Pick your personal headspace vehicle and get on board!"

Journal Entry 3 by wingMoody-Bluewing at OB/GYN waiting room in Hixson, Tennessee USA on Thursday, August 30, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/30/2012 UTC) at OB/GYN waiting room in Hixson, Tennessee USA

Please READ, REVIEW, and RELEASE!