corner corner Darkside

Darkside
by Belinda Bauer | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 3/27/2012

status (set by Cross-patch): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Product Description
It is freezing mid-winter on Exmoor, and in a close-knit community where no stranger goes unnoticed, a local woman has been found murdered in her bed. This is local policeman Jonas Holly's first murder investigation. But he is distracted by anonymous letters, accusing him of failing to do his job.

Taunted by the killer and sidelined by his abrasive senior detective, Jonas has no choice but to strike out alone on a terrifying hunt . . . but who is hunting who?

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi at Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 02, 2017

This was really good, although I read part of it a few months back, then life got in the way, and I went back to it after a break, which didn't help, but I got back into it and it was very good. had my suspicions about who the murderer was but I didn't know if I was barking up the wrong tree. I read this straight after read Blacklands, both are set in Exmoor village Shipcott, although the books do stand alone. A good read and I would recommend. I've heard Belinda Bauer talk about her writing and i really liked her. A crime thriller writer with a difference.

Journal Entry 3 by Beqi at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (9/22/2017 UTC) at BCUK UnConvention 2017 in Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking this book along to the Loughborough Bookcrossing Unconvention this weekend, 22-24th September and adding to the book buffet. :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Friday, September 29, 2017

Taken from the book buffet. .... For someone else, to be passed on shortly!

Journal Entry 5 by wingCross-patchwing at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Monday, October 02, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at Wishlist Tag, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Owed to Tanamo, who has waited patiently for us to meet - at Mrs Bridge's for lunch and a natter, of course!

Journal Entry 6 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Thank you for this wishlist book.

Journal Entry 7 by Tanamo at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 12, 2018

For the first few chapters I found the book to be a bit slow but then the pace picked up and I got hooked. The characters were well described and the setting of a tiny village in an Exmoor winter was very atmospheric. The inner life of the villagers and those investigating the crimes was completely believable. This is the first book I have read by this author and I would definitely read more.

Journal Entry 8 by Tanamo at Anstey, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Monday, July 16, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (7/17/2018 UTC) at Anstey, Leicestershire United Kingdom

Taking to bc mini meet

Journal Entry 9 by wingCross-patchwing at Leicester, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Really enjoyed Blacklands. Expecting good things here. Thanks Tanamo.