corner corner Strange Fits of Passion

Strange Fits of Passion
by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction
Registered by KawasakiBabe of Littletown, Liversedge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 3/25/2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by KawasakiBabe from Littletown, Liversedge, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 25, 2012

RRR to follow.

Journal Entry 2 by KawasakiBabe at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Anita Shreve, is as usual, flawless in her presentation. She is original, every story is different and her style of writing is amazing!
In this story, she addresses issues many would like to keep behind closed doors: she presents prejudices and pre-conceptions as easily as she describes the sea!

Saving for Plum-crazy: pass on if you're not bothered about this, I know how many you have in your TBR.

Journal Entry 3 by KawasakiBabe at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/2/2012 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Passing on to Plum-crazy in our meet-up in Brighouse. x

Journal Entry 4 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 02, 2012

Received in a wonderful bag of books from KawasakiBabe. I've had quite a few Anita Shreve's on my shelf but have moved most on unread but I did love "Light On Snow" (as did many others - 61 journal entries so far for that book!!) so I WILL read this but we'll have to wait & see whether I enjoy it or not lol.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPlum-crazywing at Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The press comments for Shreve's work say "...beautifully detailed, emotionally-charged works..." & "...a knack for wry observation & for capturing the agony of emotion...." & I find it very hard to disagree. I do like the format of this book, the way the story is told from various views so that a different angle of events is shown & how they can be misconstrued & I found the unlikely relationship between Mary & Jack to be sooo romantic :o)

Have read it while in Scotland & will probably release it here sometime soon. Watch this space....

Journal Entry 6 by wingPlum-crazywing at old lighthouse in Port Logan, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (5/16/2013 UTC) at old lighthouse in Port Logan, Scotland United Kingdom

left on the little window ledge

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Congratulations - You've found a free book !

Enjoy your book!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me, Plum-crazy, as your referring member - thanks!)

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Port Logan, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Will read Aesop and then leave it somewhere in the Manchester area

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at -- Somewhere in Scotland, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Very well written, Highlighting the very delicate subject of domestic violence, which is often hidden behind closed doors.
Will release in about one week's time in the Manchester area.