corner corner Alchemy and Academe

Alchemy and Academe
by Anne McCaffrey | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by DendriticTrees of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2012

status (set by Crossing-Guard): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by DendriticTrees from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Short stories one the titular theme, selected by Anne McCaffery. From the blurb:

Here there be no dragons!
Instead there are:

The King in Yellow
Bodychangers
An Exorcist
Magicians and their Magicks

I've had this collection of short stories for years. It wasn't in great condition when I bought it and it didn't improve. I finally got my hands on some bookbinders glue, so the spine and torn pages have been repaired. Hopefully it holds up for you.

I found the quality of the stories to be a bit mixed, but the very first poem is beyond hilarious.

Enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 4 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the June Short Story Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing June meet-up. A fantasy short story anthology. I don't really recognize any of the authors, but it should still be a good read.

Journal Entry 4 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Didn't really get into this book so here's hoping someone else will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 3 yrs ago (11/10/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. If it didn't go home with anyone, it's sitting on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Picked this up at today's meeting. I guess I am doing lots of reading this month...

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 21, 2015

Released 9 mos ago (9/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am overloaded with books and a new baby so returning this as other people are waiting for it. I would like it back at sometime though....

Journal Entry 8 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 14, 2015

Brought home from the September meeting - way, way too many books this month!

Journal Entry 9 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 13, 2016

Released 4 mos ago (2/13/2016 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the February meet up for the "Rachel's books" theme!

To the finder:

Journal Entry 10 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Picked up at February's meeting. We had 11 BookCrossers attend and WAY too many books! This is being added to my TBR pile but will likely be there awhile as I came home with triple the number of books I brought.