corner corner Alchemy and Academe

Alchemy and Academe
by Anne McCaffrey | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by DendriticTrees of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2012

status (set by Crossing-Guard): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by DendriticTrees from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 18, 2012

Short stories one the titular theme, selected by Anne McCaffery. From the blurb:

Here there be no dragons!
Instead there are:

The King in Yellow
Bodychangers
An Exorcist
Magicians and their Magicks

I've had this collection of short stories for years. It wasn't in great condition when I bought it and it didn't improve. I finally got my hands on some bookbinders glue, so the spine and torn pages have been repaired. Hopefully it holds up for you.

I found the quality of the stories to be a bit mixed, but the very first poem is beyond hilarious.

Enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the June Short Story Calgary Bookcrossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 3 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing June meet-up. A fantasy short story anthology. I don't really recognize any of the authors, but it should still be a good read.

Journal Entry 4 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Didn't really get into this book so here's hoping someone else will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 5 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (11/10/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. If it didn't go home with anyone, it's sitting on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 6 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Picked this up at today's meeting. I guess I am doing lots of reading this month...