corner corner Stranger in a Strange Land

Stranger in a Strange Land
by Robert A. Heinlein | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 3/18/2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, March 23, 2012

Thou art God, and I am God and all that groks is God.

This is a classic now, but it must have been considered been pretty wild stuff when it first came out in 1961. Here's another copy on my shelf.

May be used for Monopoly game.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu Airport in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (6/19/2012 UTC) at Honolulu Airport in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left on a newspaper box outside the baggage claim for Vekiki's 2012 Monopoly game: Team Battleship's release for Turn 7 (Lost).

Seems like a Stranger in a Strange Land could easily get lost, and this one ended up outside the baggage claim area at Honolulu International Airport - where some of the scenes from the TV show "Lost" were filmed. There was even an episode of the show entitled "Stranger in a Strange Land", so even though I never saw the show it seemed like an appropriate choice. My teammate (MyChildsCloset) has more to say on the subject in the forum thread...

(Larger photo here.)

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you are able to make a journal entry to let me know you've found my book that would be terrific.

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me ( hyphen8 ) as your referring member, but that's certainly not required.

In fact, there are no requirements: this is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection"...but you don't have to.

Please do feel free to make a journal entry when you're done with the book saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next: if you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

Free your books - help spread the words!