corner corner Flight of Aquavit (Russell Quant Mysteries)

Flight of Aquavit (Russell Quant Mysteries)
by Anthony Bidulka | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 17, 2012

status (set by crossingguardma): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 17, 2012

I completely enjoyed this second installment in the Russell Quant mystery series by wonderful Saskatoon author, Anthony Bidulka. Entertaining brain candy at it's finest :)

I definitely am going to be reading more in the Russel Quant series and look forward very much to meeting Anthony Bidulka at When Words Collide in August.
When Words Collide 2012 - A Festival for Readers and Writers

Product Description
At the dead end of a desolate country road, a late night meeting suddenly becomes an ambush. Gay private detective Russell Quant is faced with personal threats he can't ignore, a friend who may be a foe, and a cagey client with a treacherous monkey on his back. As Quant trails a menacing blackmailer known only as Loverboy, he finds himself immersed in the midnight world of e-dating and parking lot romance. Lured to New York City, Quant tests his wit, wisdom, and wiles from the Old World grandeur of Fifth Avenue to the kaleidoscope world of Broadway's electric nightspots. The fast pace continues when Quant returns to Saskatoon, where he grapples with decoys and deceit, realizing that no one is as they appear. Threat turns into deadly reality and the need to uncover the identity of Loverboy becomes increasingly desperate.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this fun read to the Joshua Tree cafe today for the Monthly Bookcrossing meeting. Though it is not as great as Amuse Bouche, it is still very fun and worth reading to get to Tapas on the Ramblas :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not sure how it happened, but I came home will 11 books from the May meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers!

Mount TBR is teetering....

Journal Entry 4 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sure looking forward to meeting this creative author of the Russell Quant mysteries at the 2012 When Words Collide book festival.

I read #2 and #3 back-to-back, I just wanted to keep the fun rolling with his great recurring characters, his LOL turn of phrases and great mysteries. I especially loved spending Christmas with Russell's mother! What a sweetie.

Keep them coming!

Journal Entry 5 by wingFraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 09, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/9/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing at the June meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at the Joshua Tree Café. Hope this book will go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dispite my best efforts (ok maybe not my best...) I came home with 13 books. I guess I know what I am doing this month!

Journal Entry 7 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

I loved the second book! This was a wonderful read with some colourfull characters, really enjoyed spending time with them.

Journal Entry 8 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this little gem to tomorrow's meeting so that it can be passed along to the next person.

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 9 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Journal Entry 10 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

This one came back home with me as the next person on the list was not at today's meeting. I will save it for them.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/13/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 12 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Picked up at the get together

Journal Entry 13 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Quite enjoyed the second book with all of it's drama. Though there's one thing I maybe would've changed because it made me sad. I also figured out half the mystery before the book revealed it, so that was fun.

Thanks for the superb read!

Journal Entry 14 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 12, 2013

Released 11 mos ago (10/12/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Took to get together

Journal Entry 15 by nada50 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Picked up at the October Bookcrossing group...

Journal Entry 16 by nada50 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Loved this guy's writing - want to pick up his other book - thanks for introducing me to a new favourite author!

Journal Entry 17 by wingcrossingguardmawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Safely in my hands.