corner corner Prison Diary 3

Prison Diary 3
by Jeffrey Archer | Biographies & Memoirs
Registered by wingCanPouwing of Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Saturday, March 17, 2012

status (set by CanPou): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingCanPouwing from Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 115 Saturday 10th November 2001 6.38am It’s all an act. I am hopelessly unhappy, dejected and broken. I smile when I am at my lowest, I laugh when I see no humour, I help others when I need help myself. I am alone. If I were to show any sign, even for a moment, of what I’m going through, I would have to read the details in some tabloid the following day. Everything I do is only a phone call away from a friendly journalist with an open cheque book. I don’t know where I have found the strength to maintain this facade and never break down in anyone’s presence. The final volume of Jeffrey Archer’s prison diaries covers the period of his transfer from Wayland to his eventual release on parole in July 2003. It includes a shocking account of the traumatic time he spent in the notorious Lincoln jail and the events that led to his incarceration there – it also throws light on a system that is close to breaking point. Told with humour, compassion and honesty, it closes with a thought-provoking manifesto that should be applauded by the Establishment and prison population alike.

Journal Entry 2 by wingCanPouwing at Café Restaurante Can Pou in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/20/2012 UTC) at Café Restaurante Can Pou in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Illes Balears/Islas Baleares Spain

This book is now available in our Official BookCrossing Zone