corner corner Anatomy of a rose

Anatomy of a rose
by Sharman Apt Russell | Home & Garden
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 3/16/2012

status (set by Littlelinz7): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, March 16, 2012

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (8/6/2012 UTC) at bookbox in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! Adding to MaryZee's Biography of Things bookbox. Replacing The Sky's the Limit.

Journal Entry 3 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, January 10, 2016

Despite the name, this book is about plants in general, not just roses. There is no strict structure, but rather a rambling about various topics, mostly about the evolution of plants and how they pollinate/reproduce. It's quite interesting to read about the variety of plant lives, with random fun facts tossed in here and there.

After a few years' rest this book is now ready to go back into MaryZee's Biography of Things bookbox, when it gets here.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at MaryZee's books about things bookbox 2012, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (4/5/2016 UTC) at MaryZee's books about things bookbox 2012, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Putting into the box. Travel well, little book!

Journal Entry 6 by freezone at Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases on Friday, June 10, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (6/10/2016 UTC) at Book Box, Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Made a brief stop at my home as part of the history of things bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, July 31, 2016

This book was in the book box when I opened it up tonight. That marks the second trip for this book, I see, which is very cool. MaryZee is proud of that, I am sure. I am taking the contents of the box to meet-up tomorrow because some of the locals have expressed an interest. After that, we shall see what happens.

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Friday, January 20, 2017

Released 9 mos ago (1/20/2017 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA

This book is in the Biography of Things BookBox and is off to travel the country.

Journal Entry 9 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I'm claiming this from the Biographies of Things bookbox. I enjoy gardening, and had a neighbor who grew old-style heritage-breed roses - what a wonderful display that yard gave in high summer! Anyway, this looks interesting even if it isn't entirely about roses - other plants are nice, too {wry grin}.

Later: I enjoyed the author's take on many aspects of flowers, including the very different ways in which we see them as compared to pollinators such as bees and moths. There are amusing bits and informative ones, and some nicely sinister scenes in which plants devour insects - we have some carnivorous plants in local bogs, which pleases me in a rather grisly manner!

Ways in which plants can use chemicals to exchange information, create defenses, and/or attract pollinators; the very different forms flowers take, from lush, everpresent blooms to once-in-a-blue-moon/quickly-gone ones; the history of plant life from prehistoric times; and much more.

Journal Entry 10 by wingGoryDetailswing at Bow St. (see notes for details) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bow St. (see notes for details) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book, bagged against the elements, somewhere alongg Bow St. at around 5 or so; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for International BookCrossing Day! ***

*** Released for the 2017 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2017 April Showers/May Flowers release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 11 by Littlelinz7 at Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, April 22, 2017

I just caught this book on a trip to Portsmouth! It sounds like a fitting book to read on Earth Day. Once I'm done I will release it back to the wild. Stay tuned and thank you!