corner corner Away With The Fairies

Away With The Fairies
by Kerry Greenwood | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingJenny-Gwing of Croydon, Victoria Australia on Thursday, March 15, 2012

status (set by burranona): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingJenny-Gwing from Croydon, Victoria Australia on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Allen & Unwin 2001. 284g.

A Phryne Fisher Mystery.

Book purchased today from Ragmans, Kilsyth shopping centre, for special release.

From back cover:
"Phyrne Fisher - dangerous, passionate, kind, clever and seductive. She drinks cocktails, dances the tango, is the companion of wharfies, and is expert at conducting an elegant dalliance.

It's the 1920s in Melbourne and Phryne is asked to investigate the puzzling death of a famous author and illustrator of fairy stories. To do so, Phyrne takes a job within the women's magazine that employed the victim and finds herself enmeshed in her colleagues' deceptions.

But while Phryne is learning the ins and outs of magazine publishing first hand, her personal life is thrown into chaos. Impatient for her lover Lin Chung's imminent return from a silk-buying expedition to China, she instead receives an unusual summons from Lin Chung's family followed by a series of mysterious assaults and warnings."

Journal Entry 2 by wingJenny-Gwing at Croydon, Victoria Australia on Friday, March 16, 2012

Book has been neatly covered to protect it on its journey, with a special sticker on the front.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJenny-Gwing at Australia, Lifetime Release Challenge -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/17/2012 UTC) at Australia, Lifetime Release Challenge -- Controlled Releases

Another book against part 5 (Australia) of my Lifetime Release Challenge for reading and eventual release.

Book, with a BookCrossing fridge magnet and extra bookplates, labels and stickers, posted from North Croydon postoffice at around 4pm Saturday, March 17 2012.

Happy reading ! Hope you enjoy it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingawaywithfairieswing at Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 22, 2012

A parcel was found on my doorstep when I returned home from work last night. Many thanks.

Journal Entry 5 by wingawaywithfairieswing at YHA Sydney Central, Rawson Pl in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/1/2012 UTC) at YHA Sydney Central, Rawson Pl in Sydney CBD, New South Wales Australia

Left at the book exchange on the first floor.

Journal Entry 6 by Gerimerrymuffin at Henderson, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My SIL bought the book with her from Australia when she came to stay Oct last year and it's taken me this long to get round to reading it. Will try and release this week.
Wow, what a great book. The time it is set (1928) is perfect as I love that period of time, so elegant.
I'll certainly be checking out other books in the series.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, July 08, 2013

Found in our school staff room on our book rack!! Never read a Phryne Fisher mystery before so decided to give her a try!! A good read and now ready to continue her travels.....

Journal Entry 8 by novagib at Waitakere City, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, December 27, 2013

found the book at a friend's house; kept finding other books to read so this kept going onto the back burner.
will set it free in West Auckland.

Journal Entry 9 by burranona at Henderson, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, December 30, 2013

haven't read yet.