corner corner The Well of Loneliness (Virago Modern Classics)

The Well of Loneliness (Virago Modern Classics)
by RADCLYFFE HALL | Literature & Fiction
Registered by elstaplador of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 3/14/2012

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by elstaplador from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dear reader, dear finder - thank you for coming here to see where this book has been so far. I hope you enjoy it. Do feel free to leave a journal entry below saying where you found this, what you thought of it, and what you intend to do with it.

Journal Entry 2 by elstaplador at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/15/2012 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sending to hyphen8, who won the LGBT History Month challenge. I hope this gets to you OK - I asked for interesting stamps for your collection, and the man at the post office stuck them all over the place!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 24, 2012

My prize package for elstaplador's LGBT History Month challenge arrived today with this book in it. Thanks very much for all the goodies: a book, a bookmark, notecards, labels, *and* postage stamps! (Larger photo here.)

The back cover says:

'The archetypal lesbian novel, the one whose title, at least, is familiar to everyone' Times Literary Supplement

I think I first heard of this title in something I read (surprise!) - the text mentioned in passing something about a character who found a copy of this book. I've never read it, so I'll give it a try.

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 21, 2012

Well, I did start, but I kept finding other things I had to read before I could get back to it. So I decided it might be a long time before it got finished at that rate. I think it's better for this book to travel.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, September 21, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (9/21/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Off to see the world by way of GoryDetails's LGBT shrinking bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, June 15, 2015

Sadly, the bookbox met with a major mailing mishap back in 2012: it was returned to me, empty. Hopefully the books are still out there, traveling, somewhere...