corner corner The Loop

The Loop
by Nicholas Evans | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingRoseOfDarknesswing of Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

status (set by erinacea): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingRoseOfDarknesswing from Baruth/Mark, Brandenburg Germany on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Young woman, and an even younger man, strive to save pack of wolves from angry ranchers while trying to overcome their own personal doubts and shortcomings. When they turn to each other for love, it threathens their mission. In "The Horse Whisperer," author Nicholas Evans showed how wounded people and animals can help each other. Now he's done it again in "The Loop." In both works, he proves to be a master in foreshadowing events, thereby creating masterful page-turners. But, while tension builds with each page in "The Loop," at its heart this work is a study of our humanity. Though the wolf can be a dangerous creature, when does man become the greater monster? As for the title, does it refer to the "circle" of life described by Black Elk in the front of the book? Or does it only represent the device of a cruel, haunted character named J.J.Lovelace, who kills entire families of wolves when the price is right? Part of the satisfaction is deciding for yourself. If you want forbidden love, betrayals, human conflicts, tragic loss, and a tale that makes you question your own level of humanity, then this is the book for you.

Journal Entry 2 by wingRoseOfDarknesswing at - irgendwo in Berlin / somewhere in Berlin in Berlin, Berlin Germany on Friday, June 01, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/10/2012 UTC) at - irgendwo in Berlin / somewhere in Berlin in Berlin, Berlin Germany

Kommt mit zum Meet-Up.

Lieber Finder - auf ein Wort:
Wenn du dich bei Bookcrossing anmelden willst, kann es passieren, dass du sehr schnell Freundschaftsanfragen und/oder "Begrüßungsmails" von anderen Bookcrossern bekommst. Diese Funktionen laufen rein über die Internetseite als "personal message" - deine e-mail-Adresse kann niemand sehen!
Du kannst diese Funktionen gleich nach deiner Anmeldung abschalten, wenn du "Profil bearbeiten" anklickst und dort deine Einstellungen nach eigenem Beliebem vornimmst.
Bei Fragen zu Bookcrossing kannst du dich gerne (durch personal message) an mich wenden.

Es ist aber auch ganz einfach nur einen anonymen Eintrag zu machen.

Einfach den Button

„Nein danke, ich möchte lieber völlig anonym bleiben“

anklicken.
Der versteckt sich unter den 3 Feldern Twitter/Goodreads/Facebook.

Die deutschsprachigen Bookcrosser tauschen sich übrigens in einem öffentlichen Forum aus, in dem jeder Interessierte auch unregistriert mitlesen kann:
Forum
Forum Austria
Außerdem empfehle ich Dir bei Fragen die Supportseite
Supportseite

Welcome to BookCrossing. Thanks for taking the time to visit the site. Please make a journal entry to let me know that you have found this book, you may do this anonymously or you may join. There is no charge to join this site, if you are like myself from time to time you may donate to help support Bookcrossing; but it is not mandatory. If you are new to BookCrossing and choose to join, please indicate that you were referred by RoseOfDarkness. Membership is free and your name and e-mail address is not shared with anyone else and it will never be sold. BookCrossing is a a world-wide group of people who love books and wish to share them with others.
Please enjoy this book, if it is not your genre pass it along to someone else or wild release it.
In this way we promote literacy and at the same time we can watch our book continue on
it's journey.

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can read."
Mark Twain

Journal Entry 3 by wingjuli312wing at Moabit, Berlin Germany on Sunday, June 10, 2012

Vom Meetup mitgenommen.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjuli312wing at Hennigsdorf, Brandenburg Germany on Saturday, June 23, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (6/23/2012 UTC) at Hennigsdorf, Brandenburg Germany

Bei Jurindes Abschieds-Meetup im Garten freigelassen.

Journal Entry 5 by erinacea at Friedrichshain, Berlin Germany on Sunday, June 24, 2012

This was one of the books left in Jurinde's "Please take" box and the only English one. I don't know if I'll read it but I enjoyed the Horse Whisperer, so I might.