corner corner The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)

The Girl Who Played with Fire (Vintage Crime/Black Lizard)
by Stieg Larsson | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingBooksandMusicwing of Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, March 09, 2012

status (set by elizardbreath): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingBooksandMusicwing from Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, March 09, 2012

Quite good, better than Girl with a Dragon Tattoo although that was also very good. The first half of the book seemed predictable, as are most of the genre of sexually twisted serial killer books. I was even sure I had read the book before through the first chapters. Then about 1/2 way through I found out that things I had assumed were simply not true and that the whole book was different than I had thought. From that point on I could not put the book down. I was again quite taken with the main characters, as I was in the first book. I am def going to try to get hold of the 3rd book.
So in this one Salander has been out of the country for about a year. When she comes back and is just getting herself settled and trying to repair neglected relationships (except with Blomkvist with whom she is irrationally upset) that is when a couple who are investigating the sex trade business (what else) are murdered. Guess whose fingerprints are on the gun? Salander, and soon there is an all out hunt for her, she is portrayed as a mentally ill crazy killer. Is she? Or is it someone else? Read and see. Really a very very good mystery thriller.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reserved for the Murder in Translations VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, July 27, 2012

There is no longer any Murder in Translation VBB so this book is available.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I am putting this book in elizardbreath's fiction book box.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/19/2012 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Released into elizardbreath's fiction book box

Journal Entry 6 by elizardbreath at Pendleton, Oregon USA on Saturday, September 22, 2012

This came home in my Fiction Bookbox. Thanks for participating!

Journal Entry 7 by elizardbreath at Pendleton Book Company in Pendleton, Oregon USA on Monday, October 01, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (10/1/2012 UTC) at Pendleton Book Company in Pendleton, Oregon USA

Releasing to the Pendleton Book Company in a trade.

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)