corner corner At Home in Mitford (The Mitford Years, Book 1)

At Home in Mitford (The Mitford Years, Book 1)
by Jan Karon | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingmaryzeewing of Taneytown, Maryland USA on Monday, March 05, 2012

status (set by AnonymousFinder): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingmaryzeewing from Taneytown, Maryland USA on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Although I've never read any of Jan Karon's books, my mom recently read another copy of this book and I know lots of folks enjoy these. This is the 1st book in the Mitford series, and I recently found this at the Book Thing

From the cover -
It's easy to feel at home in Mitford. In these high, green hills, the air is pure, the village is charming, and the people are generally lovable.
Yes, Father Tim, the bachelor rector, wants something more. Enter a dog the size of a sofa who moves in and won't go away. Add an attractive neighbor who begins wearing a path through the hedge. Now, stir in a lovable but unloved boy, a mystifying jewel theif, and a secret that's sixty years old.
Suddenly, Father Tim gets more than he bargained for. And readers get a rich, provincial comedy in which mysteries and miracles abound.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmaryzeewing at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/22/2012 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book will be available at our BookCrossing table at the Day of the Book Festival (from 11-4). Come visit us, despite the weather!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing -- maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!) Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - You'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by ResQgeek at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, April 30, 2012

I brought home several boxes of books that were leftover after a soggy (and less than ideally successful) Day of the Book Festival in Kensington, Maryland. I'm going to repack them for the Gaithersburg Book Festival in 3 weeks.

Journal Entry 4 by ResQgeek at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Monday, April 30, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/19/2012 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

This book will be available at the BookCrossing booth at the Gaithersburg Book Festival.

======================

DEAR FINDER,

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Gaithersburg, Maryland USA on Friday, October 05, 2012

I liked this read a lot. I tried to finish it on vacation and leave it in Cancun but, alas, had to bring it home. Hope to find a coffee shop to leave it in for the next guy.