corner corner This World We Live In

This World We Live In
by Susan Beth Pfeffer | Teens
Registered by Minerva101 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/3/2012

status (set by hyphen8): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 03, 2012

This book is the direct sequel to Life As We Knew It. It is a compelling and disturbing read as the premise is all too plausible. I have enjoyed both Life As We Knew It and This World We Live In.

Product Description
It’s been a year since a meteor collided with the moon, catastrophically altering the earth’s climate. For Miranda Evans, life as she knew it no longer exists. Her friends and neighbors are dead, the landscape is frozen, and food is increasingly scarce.

The struggle to survive intensifies when Miranda’s father and stepmother arrive with a baby and three strangers in tow. One of the newcomers is Alex Morales, and as Miranda’s complicated feelings for him turn to love, his plans for his future thwart their relationship. Then a devastating tornado hits the town of Howell, and Miranda makes a decision that will change their lives forever.

Journal Entry 2 by Minerva101 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (3/28/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Mailing this excellent YA book off to hyphen8 as a Wishlist RABCK.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An unsolicited wishlist RABCK - thanks very much! I'll be sure to find someone else to share this with when I'm done.

...but I might keep the bookmark for myself!

(Larger photo here.)