corner corner The Fanatic

The Fanatic
by James Robertson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by ChrisSwift of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 3/1/2012

status (set by linguistkris): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ChrisSwift from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 01, 2012

Vivid period detail and dialogue, mixed with a mystery story set in modern Edinburgh. Too much? You decide...

Journal Entry 2 by ChrisSwift at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, March 01, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (3/1/2012 UTC) at Biblos, Chambers Street in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Hope you like it...

Journal Entry 3 by wingmiss_malihiniwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, March 03, 2012

Caught the book during the meet-up at the Biblios 2 days ago. I didn't want to take any book but I just couldn't resist...

Journal Entry 4 by wingmiss_malihiniwing at Ratingen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, September 20, 2018

I tried at least twice, but the book and I didn't "connect".
Therefore it is time for it to move on.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmiss_malihiniwing at La Piazza in Mettmann, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, September 20, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (9/20/2018 UTC) at La Piazza in Mettmann, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Of to the BC meet-up at La Piazza.

Journal Entry 6 by winglinguistkriswing at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, September 24, 2018

Our protagonist "works as a ghost on a nightly tour of Old Edinburgh"? Say no more! I can't promise I wouldn't have preferred Scottish Ghost Stories by the same author, but since this seems to be a subject matter that he enjoys, we have some common ground at least.
I wonder if this will be half as gruesome as this piece of Scottish history or indeed as memorable as my first-ever ghostwalk (in Edinburgh, the year that this book came out!), but all these good portents motivate me to try. :)