corner corner Mockingjay

Mockingjay
by Suzanne Collins | Teens
Registered by Foxears of Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on 2/26/2012

status (set by Foxears): available

Journal Entry 1 by Foxears from Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Sunday, February 26, 2012

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins's groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

Journal Entry 2 by Foxears at Beijing 北京市, Beijing China on Friday, March 09, 2012

The Hunger Games series is a really good series. The first book is by far the best one, but the third is still better than the second. Mockingjay has a red line through it, which Catching Fire lacked. It’s the end of the war, who will win and who will make it? That was the question I asked before opening Mockingjay, and the book answered most of my questions, even though some where left unanswered.

All in all, the best with this book was the development of the characters, some of them more amazing than the others. I am really amazed on how deep I can analyze why certain people acted in certain ways, and it all makes sense. It really feels like Collins thought this through when she wrote it. No characters did just do stuff for no reason; they always had one, even though we (through the eyes’ of Katniss) couldn’t see or understand it directly.

The Hunger Games series has become one of my favourite series, and it feels sad to leave it behind me. The dystopian setting in the books is unique for me, I never managed to read dystopian stories before, even though 1984 since long has been on my to read list. Let’s just say that I recently watched the Matrix for the very first time and enjoyed it. It is the more advanced technology in the dystopian setting that attracts me. In the Hunger Games I like how it is hidden in a time that looks more like the early 20th century (in district 12), but only the Capitol actually having the positive effects of the current technology.

(read my entire review, containing spoilers, on goodreads

Journal Entry 3 by Foxears at Sendai / 仙台市, 宮城県 Japan on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (4/27/2012 UTC) at Sendai / 仙台市, 宮城県 Japan

Handed over to boyfriend when I was there on a visit.