corner corner Inferno

Inferno
by Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 2/18/2012

status (set by Bkind2books): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Where do we go when we die? Are we responsible for all of our life? For our intentions? We all now what the 'road to heel' is paved with, so is it true? Niven and Pournelle have put together a thought provoking book with a humanist examination of some Christian belefs structured on Dante's Inferno. Fun, interesting, and it makes you think.

Old beat up copy. Book is good enough that I have hung on to it for years, (since 1978 obviously). Sending it off on travels. Condition not the best, but I'm a little worse for the wear since 78 also.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (2/22/2012 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Sent off for a wishlist as a Rabck. Hope you enjoy it!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, February 25, 2012

Thank you for the wishlist tag and the book - it sounds interesting! I was pleasantly surprised by its companions: stickers, bookmarks, and a bonus book! You're too kind. :D

Also, media mail is *SO* unpredictable. This arrived today (2/24) and the postmark says it was mailed February 22 - that's a reasonable time for regular mail, so I think you got a bargain.

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, April 30, 2012

Oops! In the process of going through my books in preparation for our second annual outbreak of insanity at the Hawaii Book and Music Festival, I discovered that I have another copy of this book waiting to be read...so this one will be traveling soon.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, April 30, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/5/2012 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released at our second annual pop-up Skygate OBCZ during the 2012 Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

If you are able to make a journal entry to let me know you've found my book that would be terrific.

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me ( hyphen8 ) as your referring member, but that's certainly not required.

In fact, there are no requirements: this is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection"...but you don't have to.

Please do feel free to make a journal entry when you're done with the book saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next: if you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

Free your books - help spread the words!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, May 04, 2012

Stealing this one back out of the HBMF boxes so I can RABCK it instead.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/7/2012 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed out as a wishlist tag. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thanks for sharing this with me, hyphen8! I'm not sure how I missed reading this one as I have read lots of sci-fi especially from the late 60's to early 80's. I look forward to reading this. Thanks for this wishlist book.

Journal Entry 9 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Sunday, July 15, 2012

Excellent sci-fi! Allen Carpentier is a sci-fi writer who takes a spill off a building during a sic-fi convention (and having been to a few of those in the late 70's, it was believable) and ends up in Infernoland. Is it a giant construct? An alien world? The future? Or is this really Hell? Allen works his way through the circles and levels, with some help along the way, and comes to a stunning conclusion. Excellent novel. The book itself is a little tattered but still readable.