corner corner The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)

The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, Book 3)
by Kelley Armstrong | Teens
Registered by wingMinerva101wing of Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012

status (set by hovey): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingMinerva101wing from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012

This is a very satisfying conclusion to the Darkest Powers Trilogy!
If you enjoy Kelley Armstrong you should consider coming to meet her at When Words Collide 2012

Product Description
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I'm on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We're hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We'll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we'd left behind and take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMinerva101wing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (2/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am bringing book 2 and book 3 to the Bookcrossing meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe since Book 1 was so enjoyed :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 12, 2012

Picked up at February's meeting. As usual I brought too many books home. Adding to my TBR pile.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (3/10/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Talk about being sucked in! No sooner than I finished book 2 at work over my lunch break than I am inching to rush home and read the conclusion... which I did. It was amazing! Like and addict I was addicted and just had to read until I finished. The signs of a good book, I wanted it to end so that I knew what happened but was sad when it did and I had to move on... Thanks for sharing!

Passing this to another reader at our March meeting!

Are you in the Calgary area and interested in meeting up with other Calgary BookCrossers? Please check out our facebook group, "BookCrossing Calgary" for details on how. Meeting are held on the second Saturday of every month at the Joshua Tree Cafe starting at 11am. New Crossers are always welcome.

Journal Entry 5 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grabbed at get together

Journal Entry 6 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 13, 2012

Read the third book! Also loved it! Had a hard time putting it down. Though I found it wasn't quite as connected with the first two books, but I think that's because the second book didn't finish on a super cliff hanger, and instead allowed a natural break in between the second and third volume.

But yeah! Kelley Armstrong still rocks in my book!! Thanks for another awesome read~~

Journal Entry 7 by Eri-Cherry at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to get together

Journal Entry 8 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Picked up at the meeting today. Looking forward to it.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, May 07, 2012

Surely there is going to be another book that tells what happens to them next???? They are ready to start a new adventure.

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the May meeting at the Joshua Tree Cafe to either pass on or leave on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 11 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 12, 2012

Picked up at the May Calgary Book Crossing Meeting.

Journal Entry 12 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

These books are totally addictive and I read this one as soon as I'd finished book 2. This one was much better, however. We finally have enough information that the world really comes together.

I had fairly low expectations for this series despite the many recommendations it got, because I assumed that it was yet another teenage story involving werewolves. But the characters are really original, the romance isn't a) stupid or b) submerging the whole plot in teenage hormones and approach to the various supernatural elements is coherent and original. Extra points because the author manages to add scientific elements to the story without destroying the mystery, sounding totally artificial or committing horrible science errors that make me want to throw the book across the room.

Journal Entry 13 by DendriticTrees at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (7/14/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to Christmas in July at the Joshua Tree.

Journal Entry 14 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Caught at the July bookcrossing meeting. So exiciting to have our German visitor drop in!

ETA: Flew through this one Saturday night. Just as thrilling and creepy as the previous two though I'm feeling like the triology was incredibly unresolved at the end. AS far as I can tell, the next trilogy doesn't pick up to resolve the situation, unless it's one where everything comes together with the two casts at the end of the second triology.

Journal Entry 15 by wingmegami-no-ushiwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (8/11/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Left with mom to take to the Aug. meeting.

To the finder:
Calgary has an active group of BookCrossers that meet to swap books and discuss book crossing every second Saturday of the month at 11am at the Joshua Tree Cafe on Edmonton Trail. We always love to meet new crossers, so please join us any time you like!

Journal Entry 16 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The next person on the list was not at the meeting so I am holding onto it in the mean time.

Journal Entry 17 by wingCrossing-Guardwing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (9/8/2012 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to tomorrows meet up as the next person on the list wasn't at the last one...

Journal Entry 18 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing September meet-up. Well, I was given the rest of this series, so I might as well keep going. I'm assured the series gets better, so here's hoping.

Journal Entry 19 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Well, I finally finished off the series. I'm still not wowed, but I've read worse.

The one thing I did like was how Chloe didn't end up with the cute boy in the end. It always annoys me when the love interest is the perfect guy or girl. With that said, the love triangle that went on for a bit seemed pointless and I really don't buy that Chloe would fall for a guy who's constantly second guessing her and thinking her decisions are stupid. But there's a thin line between love and hate...

I assume Armstrong has plans for another series? Because you can't just end a series just as the characters are making all of these big rescue plans.

Journal Entry 20 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, November 10, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (11/10/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing November meet-up. If it didn't go home with anyone, it's sitting on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 21 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Book one of the series is floating around the group somewhere, so I'm going to hold on to the last two books until all three books can be reunited.

Journal Entry 22 by locker-monster at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (12/8/2012 UTC) at Joshua Tree Café, Edmonton Trail in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Releasing this book at the Calgary BookCrossing December meet-up. If it didn't go home with anyone, it's sitting on the bookshelf.

Journal Entry 23 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 10, 2013

picked up at BC meeting

Journal Entry 24 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 12, 2014

The final book is great, with a strong hint for 'next season' :)
Thanks for enjoyable read.

Journal Entry 25 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Released 7 mos ago (4/12/2014 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

bringing to BC meeting

Journal Entry 26 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, April 12, 2014

Picked up at today's Calgary bookcrossing meetup. I won't be able to read this until May so it won't make it back for a little while.

Looking forward to the read.

Journal Entry 27 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, June 12, 2014

I have no idea what to think of this "finale" of the trilogy. On the one hand I'm going 'yay - what a great read' - I like that it was relatively "light" in that it was a fast read. I like that it ties into her world (having read Dime Store Magic first) quite well, and I like that the characters (while sometimes annoying) were relatively likeable and somewhat interesting. What I don't like was putting down the book at the end going 'what kind of ending was that?!'

I guess there's more to this series after this.

Will be brought to the next Calgary bookcrossing meeting and handed off with the other two books in this series.

Journal Entry 28 by wingHerchellewing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, June 15, 2014

picked up all three books at today's meetup and registering them for my daughter until she gets a new Bookcrossing account. I shouldn't have read the other JE's because it does look interesting

Journal Entry 29 by messyGURL123 at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 09, 2014

I loved the ending! I wish there were movies for these books!!!

Journal Entry 30 by wingHerchellewing at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 11, 2014

Released 1 mo ago (10/11/2014 UTC) at Cravings Market Restaurant in Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing back to the group

Journal Entry 31 by hovey at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, November 07, 2014

Controlled release from Calgary Book Crossing meeting Cravings restaurant October 11, 2014