corner corner The Man Who Disappeared

The Man Who Disappeared
by Clare Morrall | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 05, 2012

status (set by speciallisa): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 05, 2012

Product Description
What would you do if, out of the blue, your husband disappeared and you found out he was a suspected criminal?

When reliable, respectable Felix Kendall vanishes, his wife Kate is left reeling. As she and their children cope with the shocking impact on their comfortable lives, Kate realises that, if Felix is guilty, she never truly knew the man she loved. But as she faces the possibility that he might not return, she also discovers strengths she never knew she had.

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at White Hart Pub/Hotel in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom

Taking along to a get together with some bookcrossing friends at The White Hart pub in Beaconsfield Old Town. If not taken by one of us it will probably be taken to re-release at an OBCZ somewhere else, rather than left in the pub.

Journal Entry 3 by isisjem at Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 04, 2012

Picked up at the meet up last night as Beqi made this sound like my sort of read.

Journal Entry 4 by isisjem at Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Whilst I enjoyed this I did expect it to be more of a thriller - rather than a book that concerned itself with how a woman and her family dealt with her husband disappearing when accused of a crime. I found the ending much weaker than the start as from the start I'd thought this was going to be more of a pacy thriller with us finding out whether the husband was guilty of something or not. I would read other stuff by this author though.

Journal Entry 5 by isisjem at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, October 27, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (10/27/2012 UTC) at The Mitre Pub, High Street in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking along to the Oxford meet up today. Not sure whether it will be for the bookswap game or not.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfootymadgillwing at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (11/13/2012 UTC) at Camel & Artichoke - OBCZ in Waterloo, Greater London United Kingdom

Taking to tonights meet

Journal Entry 7 by speciallisa at -- Trains, Tube, Buses --, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 13, 2013

look forward to the read xx

Journal Entry 8 by speciallisa at swcc in woodford bridge, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (9/8/2013 UTC) at swcc in woodford bridge, Essex United Kingdom

Enjoy xx