corner corner Arrows and the Bow

Arrows and the Bow
by Ladu Jada Gubek | Poetry
Registered by Torgin of Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 2/4/2012

status (set by wildboarhunter): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Torgin from Mülheim an der Ruhr, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, February 04, 2012

In six parts Gubek follows the history of Sudan:
* The Ancestral Voices
* The Essence of Freedom
* The Colonial Sudan
* The Dictatorial Regime of Post Colonial Sudan
* The Liberation Struggle
* Journey to Exile: The Struggle Continues
Violence is a major theme, and to be honest I don't like it, especially if combined with glorification. I rather liked those poems concerned with the land itself and the ancient history. And as often with modern poetry I'm not happy with – simply spoken – formal aspects as I don't feel that a certain number of words become poetry by just writing them from to top to down instead of left to right ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingholle77wing at Selm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, April 19, 2012

Arrived, thank you.

Journal Entry 3 by wingholle77wing at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, October 24, 2013

After reading some of this poems my first thought was, what Aldawen wrote:...I don't feel that a certain number of words become poetry by just writing them from to top to down instead of left to right...
However I liked some of the poems, especially Crucifixion and Fatherhood, though they were very sad.

Journal Entry 4 by wingholle77wing at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, November 22, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (11/22/2013 UTC) at Meschede, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

Wird heute per Post an nistbr weitergeschickt.

Journal Entry 5 by wingnistbrwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Monday, December 02, 2013

Habe das Buch gerade aus der Tagespost befreit.
Herzlichen Dank an holle77, die mir dieses Buch überlassen hat.

Edit 20.01.2014
Maybe poetry is not my favorit ... this made me sad and sometimes a bit despressive.
But this is way we do this 1year = 1counrty challenge.
To read books from a other culture..

Will be send out to the world with a Box

Journal Entry 6 by wingnistbrwing at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (1/1/2015 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Stowaway in my bookbox. :)

Viel Spaß beim lesen und wieder frei lassen.
Melde dich mal wieder, liebes Buch. Erzähl einfach, wie es dir bei deinem neuen Leser gefällt.

Journal Entry 7 by wingwildboarhunterwing at Rodgau, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Darf zum Lesen bei mir bleiben, da ich Sudan für die Challenge bereits angefangen habe.