corner corner The Redbreast

The Redbreast
by Jo Nesbo | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by BookGroupMan of Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

status (set by Beebarf): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The first of the 'Harry Hole' series, a bookshop favourite heavily promoted as the next big thing in the Scandinavian crime sub-genre after the Millennium trilogy (Girl with the dragon tattoo...et al). Well, let me be the judge of that!

(29/03/12) This took me ages to read and I didn't really get into it, maybe I was judging it on the high water mark set by Stieg Larsson. I couldn't really separate Hole from a hundred other moody complicated cops, and found some of the early chapters confusing - jumping between modern day Oslo and the Eastern front in WW2. In the end I wasn't paying enough attention to the history, the names and events, which affected the final 'reveal'. I may persevere with Nesbo and try another of his, but possibly not, and not for a long time :(

Passed on to DD to see if she likes it

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Thursday, May 03, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/3/2012 UTC) at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom

Ellie.enjoy.journal.release!

Journal Entry 3 by BookGroupMan at Woodbridge, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

OK, so no journal entry, but at least it has come back to me share with all my bookcrossing buddies :)

Journal Entry 4 by BookGroupMan at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (7/13/2012 UTC) at CoffeeLink, Neptune Marina in Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom

This is going to today's Ipswich meet-up to share or stock the bookshelf :)

Journal Entry 5 by Beebarf at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Picked up at my first Ipswich Bookcrossing meet - I suppose having worked my way through much Scottish crime fiction of late, I should start looking further afield!