corner corner The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee Bender | Literature & Fiction
Registered by d-writer of Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Monday, January 23, 2012

status (set by ajsmom): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by d-writer from Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Monday, January 23, 2012

I just received an order from Chapters.ca and this was one of the 5 new books I ordered - and now I 'plan' on not buying any more books this year (2012), so that I can go through the HUGE pile I already have... Since I am such a book junkie, this is quite a feat for me! Let's see if I can keep up this little plan of mine or not ;)

Journal Entry 2 by d-writer at Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Overall, I enjoyed this book. But it took me a bit to get into it. Then, once I got to the brother's disappearing antics, I was unsure. But by the end, I really enjoyed it. The idea of feeling the thoughts of others' through the food, and the dynamics of the family members mixed in throughout the story line - ultimately left me intrigued and thinking about the characters after I was done the book. I am passing this one along to ajsmom :)

Journal Entry 3 by d-writer at Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/28/2012 UTC) at Quesnel, British Columbia Canada

Passing along to ajsmom :) Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by ajsmom at Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, April 28, 2012

Caught last night! Thanks, d. :)

Journal Entry 5 by ajsmom at Quesnel, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sad. I feel sad. Not just about lemon cake (which I love) but about this woman's family. I may not be super close to mine, but I could always talk to my parents when I was growing up. I never felt like I wanted to disappear and so I feel sad for both kids.

But the writing was good and the story was intriguing, so hooray for that!

Journal Entry 6 by ajsmom at Banderios Restaurant in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, November 11, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (11/11/2012 UTC) at Banderios Restaurant in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada

Left on the bench at the front.